Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Found on Craigslist,

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bik/5972300201.html

00l0l_21JJFOHkt6H_600x450.jpg

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
This followed me home :emoji_blush:

A few minutes of flintstoning, a couple short ride attempts, and then a ride around the parking lot we met in, most of the ride fully reclined. The owner, and I, were surprised that I was able to ride it as well as I did. Chalk one up for ratz & this forum! :emoji_clap:

In a day or so I'll be asking for a lot of advice, as the last time I regularly rode a bike was when afros and leisure suits were in vogue...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
This followed me home :emoji_blush:

A few minutes of flintstoning, a couple short ride attempts, and then a ride around the parking lot we met in, most of the ride fully reclined. The owner, and I, were surprised that I was able to ride it as well as I did. Chalk one up for ratz & this forum! :emoji_clap:

In a day or so I'll be asking for a lot of advice, as the last time I regularly rode a bike was when afros and leisure suits were in vogue...

Exciting; you've been waiting for the right bike/deal for a long time; pretty cool that one finally found you.

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Exciting; you've been waiting for the right bike/deal for a long time; pretty cool that one finally found you.
I think the Sofrider is the right bike fer sure. There are no centuries or tours in my future; not even commuting. I got the bike hoping to use it to get into a shape other than round.

I do think that the TFT is out a bit for me, but since I rode it so well I'm reluctant to change anything. Should I try to optimize the fit before learning to ride it?

1happyreader

zen/child method
I do think that the TFT is out a bit for me, but since I rode it so well I'm reluctant to change anything. Should I try to optimize the fit before learning to ride it?
Do you have access to a trainer ??? It's great to be able to work on bike fit without other distractions .

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Do you have access to a trainer ??? It's great to be able to work on bike fit without other distractions .
I don't, Tim, but I do live in a quiet, somewhat secluded neighborhood. My plan is to familiarize myself with the bike here before venturing out.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I would definitely adjust the TFT to where you think it should be. (I start with straight knee and heel on pedal for starting distance and go from there).