CarbonCraft Master
Here's mine! Now lets see your your's!!

Silvio-ready-for-spring-1.jpg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rick,
 Very nice, smooth,

Rick,
Very nice, smooth, aero looking bike with the seat and red bag looking as though they were one item!

Good to see Dinotte lights on another Silvio! Is the rear the Daylight light?

Can you reach the two water bottles while riding, and is the width less than your shoulder width, as it is a neat arrangement.

Super Slim

chrisblessing

...and mine

My all-IGH folder. Flexy handlebars? You bet, but they work well for cruising and climbing. Serious climbing means grabbing the bars near the stem, which is not difficult at all.

CruzinSpeed2014.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Hi SS - thanks. The front and

Hi SS - thanks. The front and rear are Dinotte Daytime system. They rock for daytime visibility.

Jeremy, so we will need new pic's after the minor overhaul. The cruzbike aero wheels are starting to grow on me, do you know there wieght?

mzweili

Guru
Bent Up Cycles Aero Bag

Rick,
looking at your bike, I was seeking to put a ?Bent Up Cycles Aero Bag on a standard Silvio 2.0 seat.
Here my solution: With two plastic tube clamps, I added a bracket to the headrest tubes. This bracket prevents the bag from sliding down and touching the rear wheel.

Ivan

Guru
Hey Marc, you got Crud

Hey Marc, you got Crud RoadRacers on the back but why not the front? What size tyres are you using? Mine are 23mm so it wasn't too difficult to get the clearance -- wondering how tight/possible it is with a 25 or 28mm tyre.

Silvio%202%20-%20Ivan.JPG

Here's my baby. One of the few with the older white-only logo lettering. I really like the large Topeak saddle bag and how it fits under the cage. A few weeks ago, I strengthened the Minoura "under saddle" bottle cage holder with some cable-ties to the headrest. This worked to make it more solid as the weight of the bottle used to make it tip backward over a few hours. Now it is rock solid which is a good thing for my rear light positioning.

Last night, I attached a nice small bag to my frame. It is a really nice netbook sized bag that my wife no longer uses so I commandeered it. I removed the shoulder strap, and the loops where the shoulder strap usually attaches now have black velcro straps through them. These double-sided black velcro straps loop tightly around the frame (not the seat) and I now leave them on the frame as you don't even notice them. The small red bag provides less aero drag than my other larger panniers. Ultra-light touring anyone?

What's next to tweak? I would love to make my headrest height adjustable as I think I could benefit from it being a bit lower. And I want to try bullhorn-brifters like Ratz pioneered, and what Marc has above! I think I've done around 4000-5000km on this bike so far.

mzweili

Guru
Crud Road Racers

Ivan,
I'm going to change the front break to a black one. That's the only reason why the front fender isn't installed yet. I have to drill two additional holes in the fender to accommodate for the higher mounting position of the attachment bars. The chain on the 10 speed cassette would rub on the attachment if it were mounted at a lower position.

Ivan

Guru
Marc, take a close look at

Marc, take a close look at how I mounted mine. At first I also thought I had to drill the fender but it's not necessary. On the side with disc brake tabs, mount the attachment bracket on the disc brake tabs. Then on the drive side mount that one slightly higher so as to clear the chain. Mine has a few mm clearance and I also use 10 speed cassette. This means the attachment brackets are slightly asymmetrical. It's not noticeable just looking at the bike. Having them asymmetrical does not adversely affect the adjustment of the fenders. My guess is you tried to place them symmetrically at first, like me, and faced problems with chain interference -- like me!

trplay

Zen MBB Master
bent up aero bag

I have modified this aero bag significantly. The Silvio seat is narrower than a typical HR seat and as such the bag was way too wide. It has been sliced and diced while the headrest goes through the top in order to get the look I was seeking. The jury is still out whether I got there or not?

bag.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Bent Up Bag II

Tryplay - Bike looks fantastic - I like the Black & White theme, the Flo wheels work perfect with the ascetics of the bike - Good Job!

Here are some pic's of the Bent Aero Bag and how I made it work with the stock seat.

This is the piece of plastic - not sure what type, but I simply cut the piece out from an irrigation box from Home Depot. I used heat over my stove to make the curve. And then Velcro'd it the sock seat to form an extension of the existing seat to get the bag to fit. As if the seat was your standard hardshell in which the bag was intended.

Silvio-bentup-bag-5.jpg

Here is the extension Velcro'd to the stock seat.
Silvio-bentup-bag-4.jpg

Seat pad covers extension somewhat - this is a Ventisit pad
Silvio-bentup-bag-3.jpg

Mockup to show bag is now filled out and can not slide down. I zip tied the top of the plastic extension to the neck rest top for more stablilty
Silvio-bentup-bag-2.jpg

Hera is the plastic extension with the bag and 2 holes drilled to zip tie to neckrest tube
Silvio-bentup-bag-6.jpg

And a really bad photo from iPhone with everything in place. I used a piece of open cell (cut from stock Bacchetta seat pad) foam behind the seat pad to give me a little shoulder rise, but not necessary to make extension work with stock seat.
Silvio-bentup-bag-7.jpg height:548px

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Spring what spring?

Cold and rainy here all but one day since this thread started. I'm calling Jinx!

Bikes are just itching to get back on the road. We caught them trying to sneek out today....

Atthegate%20(1).jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Ratz - I'm looking forward to

Ratz - I'm looking forward to seeing photo's of those two beauties together on the spring country roads - soooon!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Okayyyy.....

Maybe it's trick photography or maybe it's just me, but in the above pics doesn't it look like trplay has trained his Silvio to stand up ON ITS OWN? Wish I could do that!
(great build btw!)

KM