Spring is HERE!! lets see your RIDE!!

romelman

spring time ride

nice warm day for an afternoon ride today.
april%20cruz%202.jpg

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Trplay,
The future called.

Trplay,

The future called. It wants it's bike back

+1 on that or was it Gotham city! And before you return it get a batman cycling suite to match.

Stunning bike Trplay!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
With Spring comes the wind

Rick,

Just so you know I had to ride a long ways straight into a 25mph head wind to get you a nice spring picture.

SpringRides%202%20(1).jpg

And then the ghost of Arty Johnson had to go and show up.

SpringRides%203%20(1).jpg

Fortunately no bikes where harmed in the making of these photos and I finished my first 1/2 century of the spring; and I did it into a 25mph head wind to boot. Without the Silvio I would have just stayed home on a windy day like that.

I'm a little tired but not bad.

SpringRides%201%20(1).jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Ratz - so good to see you got

Ratz - so good to see you got a break in weather and let the beast out it cage.

With 25 mph headwind and 50 miles, I will give you full credit for an entire century!!

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Heh, try a full century with

Heh, try a full century with 25-30mph winds... Sebring has been windy the last two years I was there. Sounds like Calvin's Challenge was windy today too.

-Eric

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rick,
are you the same weight

Rick,
are you the same weight as the Rans Extream rider?

Have you done any roll down tests with you on your smooth looking bike, then swapping bikes and doing the roll down test again?

Super Slim

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Hello SS
I owned a Rans

Hello SS

I owned a Rans Xstream Team, it was bout 2 lbs lighter than my Current Silvio. The Silvio is a faster bike, down-up-flat, etc.

Tim the owner of this particular Xstream, is a little heavier than me, but I will still pass him on roll down hills (no pedal). To me the Exstream becomes unstable after 30 mph - it feels like a loaded down pick-up truck.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rick,
 It looks like the

Rick,
It looks like the better Aero of the Silvio makes the difference.

On the Cycle Oregon 2013 I was rolling down hills 3 to 6 kph (2 to 4 mph) faster than Bacchetta Giro 26" and Corsa 650 with 70 to 90 Kgs riders, compared to my 106 kg light weight.

I asked a few that had mountain bike shoes, if they wanted to swap bikes on the decent, to see what difference my weight made rolling only, but none would swap!!!
I suppose they did not trust me, as on previous descents I was passing them 15 to 20 kph (6 to 12 MPH) faster when pedaling hard

Super Slim

Jeremy S

Dude
I finished my (slower than

I finished my (slower than expected) Spring overhaul: disassembled some things, regreased some things, retightened some things, trimmed all the cables down to fit (no more thigh interference please), retuned, rewrapped the bars, and added a bag behind the seat (large Topeak bag, Ivan's recommendation). In the end the bike looks pretty much the same! So no new picture. When the rain clears up here in MA I can finally enjoy the bike again.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Now Spring is really here

Each spring when the tree blooms we take our photos for that winters project. This year it was the Silvo's turn.

These were taken after logging about 100 miles over the memorial day weekend. After that many miles and the best photo op was in the front yard.

The tree would normally look better in a few days but they are predicting rain which will probably mean this is the peak bloom this year.

SilvoTreeShots%20081.jpg
[/URL]

Horns up and ready to run

SilvoTreeShots%20082.jpg
[/URL]

Keep thinking I should photo shop out the KickStand just to continue the trend.

SilvoTreeShots%20089.jpg
[/URL]

Sitting up on a 6 ft tall ledge fortunately there was no wind this time.

SilvoTreeShots%20090.jpg
[/URL]

Between the water bladder, the boom bottle and a third no pictured; I finish the 75 mile ride with water left over. Should be great for those 100 milers in the summer heat.

SilvoTreeShots%20086.jpg
[/URL]

Was going to link in the hirez offsite stuff but Apparently I'm just a spammer :)

BentAero

The wheels on Romelman's bike

The wheels on Romelman's bike *look* to me like the carbon ones from Light-Bicycle. They offer custom graphics at no/low cost. Like 'em or hate 'em, the Chinese make very high quality rims that are stupid low cost. I have two co-workers who have bought a total of 4 sets and swear by them. I almost bought a set for my V build, but went low-weight instead of aero from local builder Industry Nine. http://www.light-bicycle.com/carbon-road-bike/carbon-road-bike-wheels

M
y rear I-9 Ultralight CX wheel; tubeless, disc, no rim track, 1350 grams F&R total.
http://www.industrynine.net/road-wheels/5/UL+CX+Disc#
20140611_203526_zpseb1db8a1.jpg

Ivan

Guru
Stopped for a photo on the

Stopped for a photo on the way to work this morning. I had Silvio loaded up feel how she handled with some extra weight. Changed my single behind-the-headrest bottle for a pair of cages mounted with Topeak CageMounts. This meant four full water bottles and a tent (for weight simulation) in my Revelate Pika saddlebag. I could definitely feel the weight difference in the handling and effort required!

Wl985NYg8DN4iuya9GOWfdckKFPfcPelAkFUuG4qWLM=w769-h577-no