Spring is HERE!! lets see your RIDE!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Jeff, an easy mod would be to change the cassette to an 11-36 and see how that works. You could also change the 39t chainring to a 34t if it's a 110 BCD compact.

Almost.

Jeff has Di2. The Di2 SS derailleur maxes out at 28T and GS is 32T. That's one of my hold ups I'm waiting for the MTB Di2 to come down in price then I can have a Hill Climbing Cassette and derailleur.

The other option is to mode the cage; I've been watching for someone to pair a 40T kit with a Cage arm as a bundle.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Jeff has Di2. The Di2 SS derailleur maxes out at 28T and GS is 32T. That's one of my hold ups I'm waiting for the MTB Di2 to come down in price then I can have a Hill Climbing Cassette and derailleur.
Oh! That defiantly would take Di2 out of the picture for me. Maybe by next year this stuff will me more readily available in the MTB arena??

Happyrider

The current Ultegra Di2 setup is fine for around where I live, but when I hit hills it is limit for me. The XTR Di2 can handle triple chain rings and up to 11-40 cassettes. A question for some will be the shifters. The XTR Di2 can handle 2-speed Di2 road shifters but for 3-speed one will have to use Di2 MB shifters.

ratz

The current Ultegra Di2 setup is fine for around where I live, but when I hit hills it is limit for me. The XTR Di2 can handle triple chain rings and up to 11-40 cassettes. A question for some will be the shifters. The XTR Di2 can handle 2-speed Di2 road shifters but for 3-speed one will have to use Di2 MB shifters.

I for one and hoping just to see the pairing of the XTR Rear Derailuer with the Ultegra front.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
First bike ride of the year on the Sacramento River Trail with my wife Tc on here TE, and me on my Vendetta. I need to get her out more often.

17028041987_0692c75722_h.jpg

17235470015_67437cec70_h.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
.. and of course you are hers!

You guys are 2 fantasticly fit people modeling you bikes

Jeremy S

Dude
After procrastinating all April I finally hit the road/bike path today. The bike feels so familiar, it's like I haven't been off of it for five months, except for the burning in my legs reminding me that I am now completely out of shape.

IMG_1964.jpg

It would be nice to keep enjoying the bike as-is, but this season I'm planning to try out 28mm tires (up from 25mm, it looks like there is plenty of clearance) and 165mm cranks (down from 172.5mm). Terminal case of tinkeritis here.

ratz

I am usually the one shooting the photos but today Mrs Ratz was playing with high speed photo mode with the SLR and we got a few photo sequences from my training ride today from the trail and from the chase car. (Note it's creepy when the chase car is electric because you really don't hear that thing beside you at all).

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Those are BRIGHT lights!!!!
The rear bottle/bag arrangement looks more Aero with the rider on the bike than I expected!

Rat Rider

Cruzbike Chris

Or you can go the easier route with plan-ole-plexi from Home Depot and a lot cheaper. See post 4 here. I have been using this setup now for close to 3000 miles and it works great!