T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Well sorta, you could keep the trainer road coupons :) Since you are already all over this. Please tell me how much space you save with this version and confirm you can get the vendetta recline on it.
On that you know as much as I do; just contemplating ideas; and thinking your are correct

Rampa

Guru
Loving the green and orange options. The silver is nice change from black for the front end. I suppose some will be modding that to look like the early Vendetta. ;)

Kavman

Excellent news! Now I need to go find someone in my area with a Cruzbike so that I can show my wife I've done my due diligence.

DavidJL

Love that green color, a lot of green for not a lot of green. Having a second Cruzbike would really be cool. I would mainly like to modify the steering a la emeljay. Great to hear some news about this.

DavidJL

Was wondering if the seat stays could be air shocks which could be locked out. The seat would have to hinged. Another possibility is ability to adjust seat angle "on the fly" with dropper style seat stays. A dropper is used to lower the seat on a mountain bike, by the way. So many possibilities with this bike.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
It would be great just to put a single 11 speed gear set on one of these and allow greater flexibility with the boom to customize any rider in seconds instead of minutes.

Tuloose

Guru
My wish is to have a T50 that can be configured as a touring bike.
I think there would be a market for a comfortable touring rig that can climb better than other recumbents.
The T50 would need to have a way to mount under seat panniers in addition to a sturdy rear rack.

Tricia and I are lifetime members of the Adventure Cycling organization and receive their monthly magazine, Adventure Cyclist, full of stories of member's bike trips and reviews of touring related equipment.
Every 3 years or so the editors at Adventure Cyclist take notice of recumbents, usually with a review by Bryan Ball of Bent Rider Online, of a few touring type recumbents.
I envision the day when a Cruzbike gets a review in Adventure Cyclist or when someone with a Cruzbike gets their story in the magazine.

quickbeam

It would be great just to put a single 11 speed gear set on one of these and allow greater flexibility with the boom to customize any rider in seconds instead of minutes.
I'm plenty happy with the 10 speed on my V2K and I had a 9-speed on my Catrike Villager which worked well (after I switched out the front sprocket to up the gearing). In neither one have I used all the gears, although I do live in northern Illinois, where you have to look hard to find a decent hill, and I'm not an elite racer (to put it mildly).
In any case, for the intended audience, you don't need to go to 11 gears IMO.
As you can tell, I don't go for the highest-end bikes - spending 4 figures on a bike is a pretty big deal for me. The people on this forum tend to take their bikes pretty seriously, so that may skew what we think "normal" is. I'd be interested in how many Q bikes are sold compared to Vendetta and Silvios.

Kavman

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
The first T50 insider update is going out at 11 a.m. EDT today! If you haven't put yourself on the insiders list yet, you can do that on our T50 launch page here: http://launch.cruzbike.com/ And if you have any friends who haven't made the leap to Cruzbike yet, loop 'em in - this bike is SO FUN, FRIENDLY and the easiest to ride Cruzbike yet.

Maria, Robert and I got to ride the production samples around Portland, OR last week. I'll get you more details on that in the next week or so.
Speaking of timelines, we're two weeks and one day from the Kickstarter campaign launch! Time flies when you're having fun :emoji_wink:.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Lucia or anyone in the know, will the T50 recline to replicate the angle of the Vendetta or is it a fixed 50-degree angle?

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
Will the T50 recline to replicate the angle of the Vendetta or is it a fixed 50-degree angle?

The T50 is really designed for ease of riding, urban riding and comfortable, long distances with a great view. The seat back angle is adjustable, but not in the Vendetta direction :) It can be set between about 50 and 75 degrees.

1happyreader

zen/child method
Lucia or anyone in the know, will the T50 recline to replicate the angle of the Vendetta or is it a fixed 50-degree angle?

If it's fixed I bet you could buy or fabricate a seat stay for your desired angle.
image-jpeg.3523

Last edited:

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Thank you, this helps clear things up. Hello Ratz/ Rojo/ anyone, work with me. I'm trying to work out an easy way to make this as an economical indoor trainer station that replicates the vendetta position. If I could get the angle close it seems like it would be cheap and a great space saver. Do you see a way to make it happen?

PeteClark

Seems like the T50 bottom-bracket is lower than it's seat pan, while the V20 BB is typically higher than the seat pan. To replicate the V20 riding position you might remove the T50's rear wheel, lower the rear of the bike, and figure a way to support it at the proper height. Then perhaps rig a V20 seat onto the T50 frame.