T50 - Everyone likes a bike you can kick start

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I just ordered a black frame set will be using some old parts some new. Im in Santa monica or san Diego area if anyone needs help or input with their builds iust pm me.

Brad R

My paved driveway has a short steep section with a grade of about 20%. I can ride up it on my RWD Haluzak Horizon. If I can generate enough power, will there be enough traction to ride up with a Cruzbike?

What about stopping on a downgrade? It looks like the T50 is going to put the weight farther forward than the other Cruzbikes. Will I have any risk of flipping the bike over front wheel?

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
The goal, it seems, is bare-bones functional simplicity, low cost of mass production and a foolproof seat angle for the newbies. The seat tilts no lower than 50 degrees. That's pretty upright, (hence) no headrest is needed and I think you probably can glance slightly over your shoulder. It also looks light weight (basic build is about 14Kgs or 30 pounds ), probably even less?

We "veterans" want more aggressive seat angles because we already have the balance, MBB riding skills and most importantly, we know how to manage the short comings, like traction, rear view, (hill)start/stop, riding over speed bumps and rumble strips e.t.c.

However for the T50, the masses to whom it is targeted, will probably attempt/want to look over their shoulder to see what is behind. They will expect minimal traction problems. They will want to just push the pedal and go! Consequently, the seat angle looks more upright and quite further forward than most other cruzbikes. Naturally, the BB will also be lower. Those are recipes for easy starts and great traction assuming the rides will be on good paved surface. It's a trade-off against aerodynamics and possible recumbutt issues may arise for the heavier riders. But such issues are only a concern for racing and ultra long cycling events, which at that point, the riders will no longer be newbies and will most likely modify it or use a more appropriate model.

I don't disagree with your assessment at all.

I don't like Apple products because they are very much tailored to the masses and not the technically competent (not so much the mac, but the iStuff). And that being said, I don't disagree with Apple for doing it. (I just won't buy it. :) ).

I think Cruzbike did the right thing here. They've got a simple (relatively) cheap quality bike here that is going to serve them very well.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ratz, I was looking for your spreadsheet on the winter upgrade of the Quest, but could not find it.

IF you can find it, could you kindly upload it hear, as I think it would be a good list of recommended components.

I don't think I every did one for the Quickr Project; much of that is the Project Quickr thread. Such a vast variety of parts will fit the frame; I'm going to have to think about this one for awhile. Sort of depends on which way people want to go, 1x11, 3x10, 2x9 etc etc. Lots of options on this one. I'm think Electric MTB gearing with autoshift might be fun to do this winter.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I don't disagree with your assessment
I think Cruzbike did the right thing here. They've got a simple (relatively) cheap quality bike here that is going to serve them very well.
Yes... Not Walmart kind of cheap, I agree. but compared to other recumbents, yes it is. May be when mass production starts it will get cheaper? Maybe.

hoyden

I was hoping to buy a green frame but missed out, forever apparently. I will make do with my Silvio.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What is the T50 Bike box dimensions and weight, so International buyers can get quotes on alternate shipping costs?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Eric, looks like I owe you a T50 emoji.

I asked Lucia to configure the TWO Basic Unassembled - Early Bird when I discovered pledging for one didn't let you go back and pledge for another. If you did that and want to pledge for two - there is also a two frame package option now, you can click manage your pledge, then click cancel and then go make a new pledge for one of the double packs... ;)

If one is great, then :cruzbike::cruzbike: is stupendous!

-Eric

DavidJL

I did want a green frame, as that's my favorite color, but it's probably best I don't get a green frame. I think it would be bad luck...

sitoudien

A clamp on can be used - same as how we use on the QX100 and the old Quest. The cable roller for the DR can mount just underneath the boom as it does on those models as well.

Robert
Robert when are you going to do a build video of T50? Will it fit a 700c x 25 tire?

I asked Lucia to configure the TWO Basic Unassembled - Early Bird when I discovered pledging for one didn't let you go back and pledge for another. If you did that and want to pledge for two - there is also a two frame package option now, you can click manage your pledge, then click cancel and then go make a new pledge for one of the double packs... ;)

If one is great, then :cruzbike::cruzbike: is stupendous!

-Eric
I used two different email addresses to support the kickstarter for two framesets....split personality style

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I used two different email addresses to support the kickstarter for two framesets....split personality style
Back in the day they'd block you if you used the same credit card on both accounts. Did they fix that limitation?