Team Cruzbike RAAM 2017 - As Seen on Facebook

telephd

Guru
Thanks for the write-up Jim. It captures the spirit of Team Cruzbike RAAM...short and sweet! Congratulations once again for another record and job well done Team Cruzbike.

Jeffrey Ritter

I am prepping for my first 12 hour race (Mid-Atlantic) and reading old posts. Then I found this, in 2014, from Larry: "I can see myself progressing to a double Century, a 12 hour ride and even maybe a 24 hour ride." Yeah, I believe he has done a good job of "progressing". Great job to the entire team and thanks for the inspiration!!!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I am prepping for my first 12 hour race (Mid-Atlantic) and reading old posts. Then I found this, in 2014, from Larry: "I can see myself progressing to a double Century, a 12 hour ride and even maybe a 24 hour ride." Yeah, I believe he has done a good job of "progressing". Great job to the entire team and thanks for the inspiration!!!
haha - That is really funny!
What was the date of that?
I guess in a way I did that, but Century and Double were probably solo.
Did my first 12-hour at Mid-Atlantic on my Silvio, then my first 24-hour next Feb at Sebring. (I was not mentally prepared for 24 at Sebring however - as it was pretty much a "crash and burn" experience for me! I have probably never been stronger or more fit then I was that 30 months ago - but I did not know how to pace, or fuel, etc - so my results showed it!
I don't think it possible to be prepared unless you actually go and ride one (a 24-hr) solo - so you know what it feels like.
That is why I "pre-rode" my RAAM rotations 3 weeks before RAAM - I wanted as few surprises as possible. There were still plenty! :)

Jeffrey Ritter

2014! Once you are done in IL, and back home, perhaps we can chat about losing my virginity at Mid-Atlantic. Saw you hope to win the 100 mile, I'm going out to endure the full 12 hours! Thanks

Don1

Guru
recently there was a doco about raam 2017 on the telly in australia. they did a running overview of all the leading teams running for the win in their age group. i watched in anticipation for cruzbike to be displayed but alas no. all the teams were mentioned in reasonable detail except for mixed teams 50-59. i think thats sad..