Team Cruzbike RAAM 2017

McWheels

Off the long run
Nothing about being a mutant in the rules, just drugs. And y'know what, if it he's the next step in evolution then good luck to him. But if he wants to procreate he needs to switch to Cruzbike pretty quickly lest the gentleman vegetables get irreparably borked.

Tigerpaw

Caption contest
2DBE7A64-FE9A-4D42-8270-3E574C9B661F_zpshza1dciv.jpg

"Ok who didn't leave a tip?"

That look on everyone's face :emoji_joy:

That Strasser dude is the rabbit. Go gettem you hounds!!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
don't forget the cheater shoes that no one else had the opportunity to purchase. LOL

Here is a team for you to support. T421 .check out who the racers are.
201703221834410.image1%202.jpg
Cheater shoes? The heat may have cooked my brain because I'm drawing a black.

Vic the RAAM media guy has made me abundantly aware of any and all fellow Moto racers who have, will and are currently racing in RAAM. He uses them as bait to try and get me into the race :lol

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Any idea how long we should expect it should take them to get across say Kansas? The route swings just north of Cincy and I want to be out on the roadside screaming my fool head off as they go by. Trying to gauge when they will Cruz through western Ohio.

There is a printed TS estimate for the different types of participants (solo male, solo female, 2-person, 4-person, 8-person) with first in and last in based on historical averages.

There is also a semi-live estimate on the RAAM website. Go to http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/results.html then select #T403 - Cruzbike races 3000 Miles to a Cure in the middle top drop down selector for status, or the middle bottom drop down selector for TS estimates.

If you start with the status report you'll see the arrival times and stats for the time stations the team has achieved so far. Under Jim's photo is a link called TimeStation Estimates which will display whatever algorithm they have set up for their estimate for the remaining TS arrivals. Or you can use the middle drop down to select #T403. Get it? Top middle select #t403 for race status, bottom middle drop down to select #T403 for TS Estimates. Kind of weird UI flow but it works.

The printed estimate for TS arrivals is here: http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/userfiles/file/2017/RAAM2017 estimated TS arrivals (final).pdf

That one shows first 4-person racers arriving as follows (see the PDF for more TS estimates but these are some that are sort of close to you Abbott):
  • TS 42: Blanchester, OH - FIRST: 6/22 03:16; LAST: 6/22 03:16
  • TS 43: Chillicothe, OH - FIRST: 6/22 05:48; LAST: 6/25 00:25
  • TS 44: Athens, OH - FIRST: 6/22 08:21; LAST: 6/25 04:45
The "live" estimate (as of this post) is showing the following but I don't think it has picked up on the drammatic increase in average speed from the last 5 time station transitions.
  • TS 42: Blanchester, OH - #T403 estimated arrival: 06/22/2017 23:12
  • TS 43: Chillicothe, OH - #T403 estimated arrival: 06/23/2017 2:11
  • TS 44: Athens, OH - #T403 estimated arrival: 06/23/2017 5:13
I'm trying to track actuals against the estimates in the PDF via a spreadsheet. At the moment the team recently arrived at TS 25: 6/20/2017 20:37 and the PDF prediction was 6/20/2017 8:29 which is 12 hours and 8 minutes behind the predicted first 4-member team. They seem to me moving up faster than the "live" predictions for now so that margin could get smaller. The "live" predictions fall off from view as actuals are input but I think the live prediction for TS25 was something like an hour later but I forgot to capture it.

EDIT: I've captured the current arrival estimates for TS26 thru TS55 so I can see if they update/change as the team progresses east.

EDIT 2: OK, confirming the "running" ETA does update as actuals come in. So now that #T403 has passed TS26, the running ETA for TS 44 is now 06/24/2017 4:21

EDIT 3: After some serious kerchugging by Team Cruzbike overnight, the running ETA for TS 44 is now 06/23/2017 3:09

-Eric

Last edited:

CruzLike

Guru
Any idea how long we should expect it should take them to get across say Kansas? The route swings just north of Cincy and I want to be out on the roadside screaming my fool head off as they go by. Trying to gauge when they will Cruz through western Ohio.

When I used the "Projections" button on the RAAM site. It told me they would be a TS 40 (Greensburg In.) 9 days 2 hours. If my calcs are correct that's 5p Thursday. I would like to see them "Cruz" by also.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I kid you not. The other teams know that there is a strong recumbent team in contention. They hit those mountains earlier on hard to gain a tactical advantage. Believe you me they will be suffering. What with the heat, I expect them to slow up a little. If Team cruzbike can keep the pace they will catch up with the other teams quicker than you can imagine.

Let's hope the weather doesn't impact the team too much.

"GO GO GO"

Reactions: Suz

jond

Zen MBB Master
Simply stunning. What incredible teamwork from all. How exciting this is to watch.

Praying for all your safety and well being. Best wishes and a leg up from downunda

What a champion team one and all. Go cruzbike go go go you will do this you will

Reactions: Suz

SamP

Guru
Christoph Strasser sure is a beast, he's expected to finish tonight! Team Cruzbike 3kc has moved up to fourth among all 4-person teams, 8th among all teams, but the remaining teams in front seem to be as fast as Cruzbike 3kc and aren't losing (much) ground. The Bavarian Ladies are hanging tough.

Last edited: