"The New Silvio is Coming"

telephd

Guru
I don't know Mark, Roxanne seemed pretty tolerant of the whole bike thing.....:cool: BTW hows the new build? We need to go spin the cranks!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I don't know Mark, Roxanne seemed pretty tolerant of the whole bike thing.....:cool: BTW hows the new build? We need to go spin the cranks!
She's tolerant, to a point. I think that would breach the point!

Going good, for low tech. Still dialing in a couple things, but it's ridable and enjoyable.

Yes, way overdue. We're heading out on vacation this week, maybe when we get back, we can set up a ride.

Mark

jphipps

A couple of questions, where's the kick-stand? and would the front fork accommodate a dual drive hub?

John

PeteClark

Ok well since the cat is out of the bag here you go. I have it on good authority that eventually there will be a performance upgrade option for the existing v20's. No time lines and RAAM looms large. So understand how inventories work on niche products and keep checking the accessories page and eventually something will show up. The stay is shorter and increases the chance you will also want to slam your stem or save up for a curved slider as it will raise your handlebars when installed. A great "refresh" for an existing V20 would be the carbon behind the head water bottle holder, curved boom, and the new chain stay.

View attachment 4847 View attachment 4848 View attachment 4849 View attachment 4850 View attachment 4851

From the highlighted comment and the picture, it seems the new stay is shorter than the old "standard" length. My V20 has an "extra-long" chainstay, curved slider, and the stem just 5mm from fully slammed. I'm hoping the new stay will be available in "extra-long" stay as well.

BJ686

I'm hoping the new stay will be available in "extra-long" stay as well

Yeah, I am wondering this as well. If the new one is available in "extra long", I wonder if it will be slightly shorter than the current extra long V20 chain stay (just as the new one is slightly shorter than the original one).

From the highlighted comment and the picture, it seems the new stay is shorter than the old "standard" length.
These are listed in the specs for each bike.
S40: Chainstay length - standard 476 mm 18.7 in
V20: Chainstay length - standard 496.9mm 19.6 in

Jeremy S

Dude
These are listed in the specs for each bike.
S40: Chainstay length - standard 476 mm 18.7 in
V20: Chainstay length - standard 496.9mm 19.6 in

The Fit and Adjustment video shows two different chainstay lengths for the S40 (if you pay attention, the chainrings change position relative to the front tire) and in that video Robert says two lengths are available to customers.