Thor's new Neckrest Comfort

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Neckrest Comfort is as two part neckrest now available from Thor.

I haven't tried one out yet but looks very promising especially when coupled with their Thor seat.

Thor Composite Solutions

FROM Grege @ Thor
First part is Polycarbonate, flexible hanger with 3 slots.
The 2 bottom slots is to adjust height between neck/head and mounting point in the seat, and the third slot at the top of hanger is to adjust the angle degree between hanger and neck/head.

The second part is carbon fiber with ergonomic shape.
Pad can be a 4mm felt or ventisit.

Prices:
- Neckrest Comfort with two parts, screws and felt on carbon hardshell cost: $65USD
- Carbon Fiber (neckrest only, without hanger) with felt cost: $45USD
- Ventisit pad will be $15USD additional

Shipping: Priority Mail to US cost: $10USD

IMG_1819.JPG IMG_1822.JPG IMG_1823.JPG IMG_1825.JPG IMG_1824.JPG IMG_20170623_112905.jpg IMG_20170623_112920.jpg IMG_20170726_122654.jpg IMG_20170726_122742.jpg IMG_20170726_122643.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Only issue I see with this design compared to other which use aluminum is you can't adjust your forward or aft position but that may be unneeded for most people. I'd like to see the ventist pad option because the little head rest roll most of use from them is rather thick with its double laying design. I'd be worried the given the felt is super thin and ventist super thick that only on will feel like a good fit without being able to push the headrest forward or back like I previously stated.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Adjusting it fore and aft might be as simple as adding a washer or shim to either the top or bottom mounting point. As it is polycarbonate, it can be bent with heat (about 550F is needed), so you could reconfigure as well (heat gun probably would be best).

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Adjusting it fore and aft might be as simple as adding a washer or shim to either the top or bottom mounting point. As it is polycarbonate, it can be bent with heat (about 550F is needed), so you could reconfigure as well (heat gun probably would be best).
Good point. I didn't ask Greg about this, but just wondering if there are different masts (hangers) that will compensate for the difference in pad thickness.

The neckrest can be purchased without the mast (hanger) and could be a great alternative to the ADEM pad-holder. I'm intrigued by the ergonomic shape of the neckrest itself.

Bruce B

Rick,
When I go to the Thor site I do not find the neckrest listed or discussed. Is your information from an email?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rick,
When I go to the Thor site I do not find the neckrest listed or discussed. Is your information from an email?

I too couldn't find any info on his website.

I really like the whole design as is if it's lucky enough to just fit me perfectly. It's not too dissimilar to what I'm already using but may offer a bit of weight savings as well as a different level of flex.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Rick,
Greg doesn't have it listed yet. If you are interested, use their contact form to make contact in regards to the neckrest. It's a new item they just posted on their facebook page.

Greg

Carbon Master Craftsman
Hello everyone, very warmly.
I would like to thank you for your trust for my seats,
and special thanks for Rick Youngblood for his support in social areas.

Why necrest Comfort is not listed in Thor product?
I haven't time and good weather to make good pictures. In Poland still raining and I making new seats for the recumbent community.
When I collect good pictures and description I put on Thor Composite web page 2 type of neckrest.

- Neckrest Simple (rigid)
- Neckrest Comfort (flexible).

About flexible neckrest I'm thinking at 2 years.
One friend of mine. Mariusz Łuczak owner of brand Velogic (Polish recumbent bike producer) inspires me to create neckrest Comfort using polycarbonate.
He was the first person in Poland who make neckrest in polycarbonate. I was testing it 4 years and I like it. Works very well.
Like you listed upper, using a heat gun you can reconfigure bending angle.
In my opinion stiffness of neckrest is up to our ride style, if bike have suspension, and surface.

I change shape of Mariusz neckrest and I add platform.
Shape of carbon platform Is more ergonomic and comfortable as ever.

This shape is first of 4 shapes what I design.
To create more shapes I need more time. Some of them have very futuristic shape.
In future I planning make some changes in seats to make them more like in SF movies ;)))

Best wishes Greg from TC.

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ah shit Greg is in the house.

Let me take this opportunity to say how awesome the Thor seat I got from you is. It completely fixed all my seat related comfort issue in a single day and because of this I can pedal hard for hours upon hours on my way to breaking course record after course record. Greg you make a quality product at a fair price and your customer support is top notch. It is for these reasons guys like Rick and I always point people to you when the word seat is mentioned.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Ah shit Greg is in the house.

Let me take this opportunity to say how awesome the Thor seat I got from you is. It completely fixed all my seat related comfort issue in a single day and because of this I can pedal hard for hours upon hours on my way to breaking course record after course record. Greg you make a quality product at a fair price and your customer support is top notch. It is for these reasons guys like Rick and I always point people to you when the word seat is mentioned.
PLUS+ONE...Well said Jason...Greg, YES, thanks for your awesome products and support.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Must resist the 3laws.... must resist... must resist.
Futile, of course.

As much as I would like to play with a Thor seat, I'm still very comfy in the basic Cruzbike seat. Neck-rest, well that is a different issue. I'll have to order one from Greg!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I'm still very comfy in the basic Cruzbike seat.
It's a big chunk at the back of my head and shoulders. Think of all that yaw drag and the lack of ventilation. I reckon Greg's new seat would be great in a 40c summer.

I swapped out the standard headrest for a blow up inner tube. The idea of something that can dampen the road noise and reduce the drag has to be an advantage.

(Just as long as the plastic doesn't melt)

alansills

The plexiglass stem on my Thor neck rest just cracked! (after 2 years) I've contacted Greg, but given that he's in Europe, and I'm in Wyoming, I'm trying to replace the plexiglass stem before the snow flies here! Any leads on where I can get one (or an equivalent) somewhere here in the USA?