Transition for a DF tourer (TransAm - Surly Disc Trucker)

john b

Hello!

Where's the section of the site to post for new users/those looking to understand the do's and don't's about transitioning from a DF?

Cannot see an obvious section and will very much enjoy hearing people's collective 2-cents.

Thanks for any feedback.

Kind regards, john

john b

Thank you for the responses.

The question of transition is not yet at riding technique but at sourcing a bike and finding a good starting point i.e. 1st bike.

1. Do people discuss anywhere a cost-effective way of building your first Cruzbike? On the assumption you're building up from the frame-set.

2. Is there a section of the site the shows different v20 set-ups? Or any other given model.

Many more questions but will see how these go.

Cheers, john

cost-effective way of building your first Cruzbike?
Probably the most economical will be a used one.
http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/v20-hand-painted-edition-for-sale.11928/#post-142046
Different set-ups are spread throughout the forum, and not necessarily following the initial posted thread. The link I posted earlier came from entering "learning" into the search bar of the Cruzbike Forum. You may have good success by entering other key words, like "Vendetta build cost".
Ratz restructured the forum a while back:emoji_thumbsup:, but currently there's no short-cut to finding what you seek. Happy hunting!

ed72

Zen MBB Master
Just buy a used one.

Thank you for the responses.

The question of transition is not yet at riding technique but at sourcing a bike and finding a good starting point i.e. 1st bike.

1. Do people discuss anywhere a cost-effective way of building your first Cruzbike? On the assumption you're building up from the frame-set.

2. Is there a section of the site the shows different v20 set-ups? Or any other given model.

Many more questions but will see how these go.

Cheers, john