Transporting the Vendetta

CliffGreen

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the site and do not yet own a Vendetta (or any rec. 2 wheeler). I am currently drooling over the prospect of the T Trike... One concern I have is physically transporting the bike/trike. I have a medium size suv (Lexus RX) and I'm not sure how this could fit inside my car. Any input would be appreciated.

hurri47

My Silvio v1.0 fits transversely behind the front seats of my Previa minivan with the simple expedient of removing the rear wheel. The bike will go in longways too, but sideways I don't need to strap it in to keep it upright. It just rests between the front and second-row seats and is instantly removable without disturbing any other cargo. (I was kinda proud of myself for figuring this out.)

-Dan

I can fit either my Vendetta or my Silvio 1.5 in a Toyota 2012 RAV4 without having to take off any wheels. I fold down the back seats. I put the bike in back wheel first , laying it down on its side with the handlebars turned 90 degrees so the handlebars are down and the BB is up. Fits great! I used to drive a Suburban and of course it was an easier fit in that. When I got rid of the Suburban, I took my V to a used car dealer, and went around in their parking lot, trying to get my Vendetta to fit in all their different small SUVs. The RAV4 was one of the few small SUVs with a back door hinged on the side rather than top or bottom. That made for more vertical clearance inside. The newer models open "up" rather than to the side, so they might not work.

pedlpadl

I have a Ford Escape. I fold down the back seats. Put the Vendetta in front wheel first, then remove the back wheel. Very easy.

I can fit my vendetta in both my GF's Mitzu Outlander, and my Toyota Corolla with the rear wheel off and seats down. I can also put it on my rear rack
SnJ6Fv6y-3wCqa8QCC9XZimh6wjQVT3Vb7dt9c94I8casYElLMRhZEiPKszAXl-HZg7Q3bl9_RS1LhylGZKt-LGMoH1fj9Zjc9bnq8-XKY0lf-FW5jdDyjy1akFWzww6CrZoiVOerftatH0vbJyyfpPdr2nCkQoQYd_ddeDEcqMgXTW0AGGVIqxtPCDcTPIiwUtTfrvPx75adNaHfEj9L01Au_iCKkXWcdmN6xn8vyAjRmQHPpOj-_N6wt2ODuEjGf0r4rjSyL6naB-sgzGkIaVmpYqyXx9krScqRxuk6Qo7sPsOMEYdhp4VHo31iuB0vW3GcODyCkZCxJ_W8VYibtlyvT1Foxg3tkDngIMujxr4xCkylflAKNYtF85Fk7lkr943LUpVOse12EaynUiCqICVhd-JJgxVq9wRXfIJezsy8KueChKqxgZqK4uvtEta3xW707MDxI0yuvsP0WSn_ijkVDk5mfmmiL1PK0KWvatHPY0Fmh_fLqd-UmkDTgRbvCuFHEJKsA9fFVmHyQgxjumDCeVKNvCmiggR3D0n5-5Ylipur-Bye_8zCyNqlKF2aQ68=w673-h897-no

jond

Zen MBB Master
barry i am shocked again. you do somehow incredibly ride with the headrest tube loose. mate that corolla paint is tough as teak.

if i transport my vendetta i put it on a standard thule pro-ride roof rack. mind you on the you beaut ute the lift onto the rack is high. but the vendetta fits well enough with the front wheel to the rear of the vehicle. the thule clamp grabs solidly on the rear bottom stays of the rear triangle.

barry i am shocked again. you do somehow incredibly ride with the headrest tube loose.
I have the headrest pretty much at it's lowest so some slipage does not matter I can adjust on the fly. Looking forward to testing out the new improved headrest clamp if I am selected for the beta :)

PeteClark

I was never sure if my Vendetta would fit in my VW GTI MK7. Turned out to be easier than I thought. Remove the seat and rear wheel. Turn the boom around nearly 180 degrees (go slow the first time and make sure you have enough cable slack). Slide the bike in through the hatch, rear dropouts first, with the frame tilted wheel high to fit diagonally through the hatch opening, then lay it down flat.bike in GTI.jpg

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Below is how I had been transporting in the back of my 2011 Chevy Equinox. I take both wheels off and strap it in upright. The bullhorns just barely clear the the inside - I have to tilt it a bit getting it in. Doesn't really take too long and is easy but still ends up chewing up a lot of interior space... I throw my Park stand in the rear seat floor boards which helps with quick assembly-disassembly. Much nicer now with a waxed chain too!

However, I've recently bought and added a trailer hitch and a Saris SuperClamp EX 2-Bike to haul it outside without having to take the wheels off. Pricey rack but really nice.

IMG_3718 by Eric, on Flickr

Several more pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjUEp3di

Edit: Oops - should have looked at Ratz's first link as it was mine with more embedded pics...

-Eric

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Below is how I had been transporting in the back of my 2011 Chevy Equinox. I take both wheels off and strap it in upright. The bullhorns just barely clear the the inside - I have to tilt it a bit getting it in. Doesn't really take too long and is easy but still ends up chewing up a lot of interior space... I throw my Park stand in the rear seat floor boards which helps with quick assembly-disassembly. Much nicer now with a waxed chain too!

However, I've recently bought and added a trailer hitch and a Saris SuperClamp EX 2-Bike to haul it outside without having to take the wheels off. Pricey rack but really nice.

Edit: Oops - should have looked at Ratz's first link as it was mine with more embedded pics...

-Eric
That's really caring!

super slim

Zen MBB Master

-Eric
Can you carry two Cruzbike on the Saris rack without removing the seats?
A picture is worth a thousand words!
AND the Wise man will not have to tell you off!