Uh oh...V20 back in stock!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Received email a few minutes ago from someone called "Cruzbike", V20 is back in stock.

Great, now I won't be able to sleep nights...until mine arrives. ;)

I need to speed up my accumulation of goodies, apparently.

Have cranks (Rotor 3D24 compact road, 165)
Have BB (Enduro XD-15 "road")
Have old Deep V 700c wheelset, really need new set to go with hotrod bike...might have to wait for funding there.

On order:
TRP HY/RD brakes 'n' rotors (160 front, 140 rear)
SRAM Rival 22 ring package (brifters, derailleurs, 11-36 cassette, etc.)

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone - as the one lone guy handling every inquiry for shipping I need to say that the email jumped the gun a bit. The new frames are done and getting packaged, but that does NOT mean I physically have them ready to slap a FedEx label on them. So - a bit of patience. If you have been emailing or calling please have some patience - my phone has been blowing up with calls and I am a bit behind having to explain the same thing over and over that there is still a small wait as we get everything lined up for some actual shipping.

Robert

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Thanks Robert! I wasn't even tempted to *call as I don't have all the necessary goodies in hand yet.

*tempted to drive over and camp out on your front lawn...perhaps... :)

Reactions: joy

1happyreader

zen/child method
as the one lone guy handling every inquiry for shipping I need to say that the email jumped the gun a bit
Ouch,,,, I don't think hiring a temp to help out is in the budget.
Don't suppose you know a high school kid willing to work for bike parts this summer ???
later,,,, bye

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Hmmmm...

Pink slip from USPS in my mailbox: tried to deliver a box today but nobody home. Slip is marked "BIG", I suspect it might be from prowheelbuilder.com...they're in Gawgia, not too far away. Hope disc hubs, Deep V rims, sapim spokes (x32)...should be berry, berry noice!

Now...need other goodies to arrive. I screwed up on the TRP HY/RD brakes and missed a nice pair on ebay for under the money. Forgot about 'em...gone. :mad:

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I don't have all the components yet. Wheelset is probably a couple of weeks out, gruppo is on its way via ebay. Brakes are still unpurchased...but in negotiations. I'll probably start a "build" thread but I'm not all that good at documentaries. Once I start, I get it done...photos after.

And...I'm still 30lbs too heavy for the completed bike. I'm targeting late Aug., early Sept. I really want to ride this puppy in our local century (Sept 17). At my current rate of loss, I'm still on target. I don't want to do a century on basically an untried bike. I'm not worried about riding it (I've been riding Cruzbikes exclusively since 2008) but I don't want to discover some kind of fitment issue halfway thru a century.

So...we'll see. We have a 3-day weekend (4th of July) and I could easily swap all the stuff off of my V2/K and get the V on the road...but I'd rather do 3 days of training rides on the V2/K and just take my time with the V. Damn difficult to wait but I think the final product will be worth it.

Hey, maybe I'll do better at documenting if I take it slowly. It could happen! :cool:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
You could NOT be any SLOWER than Ratz!!!
Will there be any Rubber mallets in the photos?

He did do a VERY good job of it, but don't let him know that!!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I do have a RM...somewhere. However, I am far more attuned to the ways of a BFH (which shall be locked away for this build).

Tigerpaw

Well, a package is here. What to do...... Prolly will not start untill after the holiday.... Maybe.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 21

Robert O

Well, a package is here. What to do...... Prolly will not start untill after the holiday.... Maybe.....
When mine came in at Rose City Recumbent Cycles, I drove down to Portland on my first free day to get it. I got back home at about 6:30 PM, looked at the frame, and debated waiting until morning to build it up. By a little after midnight I was done (sans the last five links of 11 speed chain). Not a lot of patience, there.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Yah...mine is in the stand on the back porch (screened in)...assembled as far as I could go...with an old 27" wheel on the back (I don't have a QR front to throw on there).

Robert O

Yah...mine is in the stand on the back porch (screened in)...assembled as far as I could go...with an old 27" wheel on the back (I don't have a QR front to throw on there).
Part of my lack of patience was that I had all the components for a couple of months before the frame came in. Box after box of goodies rolling in, and nothing to put them on. I'd walk through the family room, pull something out of a box, drool for awhile, and then go back to waiting!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Vendetta in stand.jpg
I couldn't let it sit there in the living room as a box of parts. Need to find a front wheel to put in as a mock-up. Chainstay (large) was shipped separately...not here yet. I ended up missing the two little clamps (and screws) for the back of the seat to the headrest. I need to email Robert about that.

Probably a good thing I don't have a front wheel to put on it, otherwise I'd be sleeping on it. :rolleyes:

edit: I did email Robert and it turns out that those clamps are no longer supplied and/or used. Works for me. After messing with the seat and velcro, I was wondering if I could get away without using them.

Last edited:

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Two Wheels.jpg
I found the other 27 x 1-1/8 wheel. This set was for an old 10-speed Bro' Don was ressurecting. Velocity rims, Bontrager tires.

box oblique.jpg
An oblique shot of the prototype box I put together this morning. Just a rough shape at the moment. Miz Diane may be able to sew it up out of some stiff nylon...with some plastic or aluminum inserts. I'm good with sheet metal, I could rivet it up out of aluminum too.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Slowly I turned. Step by step...inch by inch!

The UPS guy cometh!!

Got my 'large' chainstay yesterday. Stacked on the box (which was standing on end on my front porch) was a package with one rear brake (TRP hy/rd + 140mm disc) and another box containing a SRAM 'yaw' front D.

I'll probably be getting deliveries every day this week, I think the last one (the 160mm front disc) is scheduled for the 12th. Christmas every day!

I do have a confession to make. o_O I've already 'Arte Johnsoned' the V. I simply couldn't stand it...and got on board in the above pictured config. Note that beyond not having several connections completed, there are no brakes. I was fine until...it started rolling backwards and I couldn't stop it moving...toppled over with a thud and I laid there laughing at my idiot self. Thank god there were no cameras about. :confused: