Unregulated bike races to give UCI riders a run for their money

So I like most bent riders have accepted the UCI will never relax their standards on what they consider to be an acceptable bicycle to compare to past racers.
Unfortunately without pro riders that can dedicate their life to training even Rojo, Jim and Maria can only get so far.
Here is what I would love to see though. A new cycling less regulated cycling tour (preferably following UCI races). In which technological advancements can be tested on top of the fitness of the rider. This would allow money to go into finding the best bicycle and put Cruzbike up against other brands to find the best and fastest bikes.
If only we could find prize and event money for such an event. This would promote Cruzbikes and non standard bikes to the world and hopefully we could see the real potential (not that we don't already with some amazing riders) of Cruzbikes and other innovations, and see UCI records fall.
Ah well we can dream can't we

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Sort of an outlaw league? I like it. The problem is, even if somebody with deep enough pockets to make it happen came along, I doubt that teams would let their racers participate. They would blame the injury potential, of course, but there would be too much to lose. Heck, I bet the UCI would probably prohibit licensed racers from participating for a lot of the same reasons.

Nice thought, though!

Mark

Sort of an outlaw league? I like it. The problem is, even if somebody with deep enough pockets to make it happen came along, I doubt that teams would let their racers participate. They would blame the injury potential, of course, but there would be too much to lose. Heck, I bet the UCI would probably prohibit licensed racers from participating for a lot of the same reasons.

Nice thought, though!

Mark
True but we could recruit new upcoming riders who were interested in technology and a comfy ride

super slim

Zen MBB Master
AND I think that the UCI would ban ANY up and coming rider who competed in these alternate races from competing in UCI races!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
AND I think that the UCI would ban ANY up and coming rider who competed in these alternate races from competing in UCI races!
Exactly.. I could picture a scenario where any promising young racers would be blacklisted.

Mark