V20 finding that fit

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Apart from all the calculation and measuring wouldn`t be the position that feels good while riding the best? With my M5 Lowracer my toes are more forward and it feels perfect. If I change the boom length it feels strange and more ineffective...

I think it makes sense to set a position based on the calculations and then tweak it to feel. So, basically, I agree with you. :)

TransAm

Is all this math really useful? It seems rather easy to set the steerer clamp to get a slight bend in the arm. and then set the slider clamp to get a slight bend in the knee as a starting point. Then you can tweak from there.

Reactions: 3bs

Bill Osler

I hope y'all will excuse my ignorance, but in reading through various equations and suggestion I got lost at what seems like an obvious point: How are you defining boom length? A straight line from the center of the BB to the center of the handlebar?

Bill Osler

That's how I would define it. Your feet at one end, your hands at the other.
Thanks. Given the fact that the lower leg length definition was somewhat different from what I would have expected I wasn't sure whether the Boom Length might have its own idiosyncratic definition.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
It's a pretty straightforward measurement, but there is a dialing-in period of making small changes in the boom length until you find the perfect fit. You'll feel it when you find it.