V20 Gold!

Leif

LV20.jpg
Here's a pic of my new V20. What a sweet bike! Compared to the S40. some similarities but also some significant differences. I think the biggest surprise for me is how well the V20 climbs... but it's also scary fast downhill and on the flats. It took several rides to finally get things adjusted right for me but well worth it.
I plan on posting more later but thought I'd share the pic.

=Leif

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Wondering what happens if I post to one of your threads - create some sort of singularity? Two cruzbikes ridden by two L(ie)(ei)f’s.

Looks great!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Yep.... looks fresh... That's a quality color.

You will enjoy that for sure!

Leif

Question: how do you like that water bottle mounting position and what is the bottle cage combo used?
The water bottle mount behind the seat is from Cruzbike. It clamps on to the headrest and holds two bottles. I also carry my pump and tail light on it so, it's pretty handy. I did notice that after today's ride the clamp was loose so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Up front under the boom I'm using a "Two Fish Quick Cage Adapter" from Jenson USA. I have one of these on my S40 too. The velcro is pretty sturdy but it vibrates a lot over the bumpy stuff so I've secured it as well with two zip ties. Rock Solid and super convenient.
Pic attached.
-Leif

Attachments

• wbc.jpg
    wbc.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 32

Winded Lowrider

Yeah its the front set up I was interested in. That seems very convenient if there is no leg interference. The rear setup: I've tried the topeak adapter route but now that I ditched the cruzbike stock neck/rest and seat... I would need to rejigger that. I don't usually carry more than one bottle, so the boom might be the best solution for me. Reaching under or behind the seat is not easy while rolling.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Yeah its the front set up I was interested in. That seems very convenient if there is no leg interference. The rear setup: I've tried the topeak adapter route but now that I ditched the cruzbike stock neck/rest and seat... I would need to rejigger that. I don't usually carry more than one bottle, so the boom might be the best solution for me. Reaching under or behind the seat is not easy while rolling.

I can’t pull or replace a bottle reliably Leg interference was an issue for me on front boom with standard round bidon 500 to 750 mm. Aero bottle and holders provide more room with lower capacity. But for me I settled on dip tube and aero bottle options.
I just drilled a standard bidon and used old camel back tube bitevalve with a zip tie to stop tube falling out. I use a retractable lanyard to hold bite valve in accessible place. Means pulling over to refill from other bidons. Cheap cheerful.

The aero bottles are not though.

Check out “hydration “ search on forums for many great solutions.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
The water bottle mount behind the seat is from Cruzbike. It clamps on to the headrest and holds two bottles. I also carry my pump and tail light on it so, it's pretty handy. I did notice that after today's ride the clamp was loose so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Up front under the boom I'm using a "Two Fish Quick Cage Adapter" from Jenson USA. I have one of these on my S40 too. The velcro is pretty sturdy but it vibrates a lot over the bumpy stuff so I've secured it as well with two zip ties. Rock Solid and super convenient.
Pic attached.
-Leif

I found that a water bottle mounted behind my headrest vibrates a lot more than one under the seat just behind my lumber area when riding over rough road surface. It would regularly come loose and require tightening .

How does the ride on the V20 compare to your S40 so far?