VIDEO FUTURE

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Marc, that's pretty cool, but

Marc, that's pretty cool, but will need to get much more compact.

For Larry and I Ratz - I could go out and ride, and they can watch the ride on there Kickr's
regular_smile.gif
!!

I just hope to see the technology in my lifetime available in stead of talked about.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
iRatz

iRatz.

Must follow the 3 laws.

iRatz may not support the hoarding of bike budgets of forum members or, through inaction, allow their budgets to remain un-used.

iRatz must avoid for a 1 year period new technology released by bike companies, except where such avoidance would conflict with the First Law.

iRatz must protect his own biking budget as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Bob you forgot the most

Bob you forgot the most important law of all. The "Ask the Wife Law", this law supersedes all laws.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Mr. Pankratz: Good laws.

Mr. Pankratz: Good laws. Unfortunately I am not sure if I understand it correctly, my English is not as good as I would like to be.
Does it mean that we should use our budget just for bikes but avoid buying hot new untested components?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Yes, yes, yes, Bob, now I

Yes, yes, yes, Bob, now I finally got it - it really was Charles' fault alt="enlightened"
lightbulb.gif title="enlightened
, it's the pictures, that's it, that's what enlightened me to go Cruzbike! ~Thank you Charles!

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
You guys are killing me.   I

You guys are killing me.
tongue_smile.gif

I was reading about a 70/39 by 11/36 in some velomobile forums about the DF velomobile. Do you think Di2 could handle a range like that?

I'd like to go bigger than the 53/39 on my Vendetta but this is probably extreme. I could actually probably use this combo on my velo as it is really easy to spin out with the current triple on it.

Check out this crank photo by scooterfreak in one of the german forums. I'm not sure exactly what the sizes are but the jump is huge...

Link opens in a new window:

http://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?attachments/20141010_132714-jpg.73724/

-Eric

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Mr Ratz, thank you for

Mr Ratz, thank you for explanation. Maybe I should be happy that I cannot afford Di2
tongue_smile.gif
At first I need to save money for Vendetta. It's comming.
I thing that in the case that I have money for Di2 I would resist
wink_smile.gif
As a long distance rider I would be afraid of Di2 fault and riding on single random gear for hours (maybe pushing for hour or waiting for sunrise and for first train
wink_smile.gif
).

But what about some power meters? Does anyone tested Power2Max with Rotor Cranks on Vendetta or Silvio??

Lief

Guru Schmuru
OMG

Anyone that can interpret other people's emotional states THAT accurately from a couple forum posts is either a savant or a spy.

I would run with savant except you take action based on your information and perceptions (like a spy).
I would go with spy except you tell other people what you are doing (NOT like a spy).

There must be a third option?

ratz

I'm from the future.
Quick

I'm from the future.

Quick Look behind you.

See? you turned your head at the exact moment you read this message

And those that didn't turn their heads have this creepy feeling that they should because the hair is now standing up on the back of their necks the more they fight it.

Of course it could be the 30+ years in customer service & support and having to read between the lines on people's support requests. Nah I'm from the future.

ratz

Eric,The Front Derailleur is

Eric,

The Front Derailleur is darn powerful; with a longer cage it could handle a big capacity. The Deore XTR is probably stronger but still gen 1 so booko expensive. The MTB stuff will be interesting when the Deore XT shows up; just like when Ultegra did.

I have a 52/34 on Mrs Ratz with the Q-rings and we only loose the 34T/12T combo in little ring. So that's one way to get lower gears.

I think you would need the XTR to run a triple; But its got the short 43/24 cage so that would need to be enlarged. But all that aside; the motor is very strong on the FD, probably stronger and needed. Cage lengthening is done all the time on mechanical side; so I'm guessing you could get a way with it.

For the rear; the Road GS takes up to 32T but I have read of MTBer's hacking the pulleys by swapping arms in that go all the way up to 40T, and the XTR is 40T

Sounds like a V upgrade with Road stuff to learn it; and then wait for the prices to come down on the MTB stuff and you get a Synchro Shift Velo
angel_smile.gif

Edit: Just looked at those huge rings. Those look like something Thom Ollinger (Charlies' dad) would have in his parts bin.

Edit edit: Did anyone else notice the supper light weight KMC chain in that velo; I hope he was going for the "quiet" effect and not the weight savings because does 50grams matter in a velo?

ratz

just a little fun.

Matej

What's the saying? never explain the joke...... But darn that language barrier does get in the way some times. Mostly a little fun in the form of an omage to irobot for the daily/hourly forum readers.

As I resisted the idea of buying a new camera I realized that Rick called me "I Ratz" earlier in the thread; so I had to go with it. The Silvio Build Diary, and Vendetta upgrades I did last year sent Rick (and a few others) down the Cruzbike adventure and his eventual purchase of the Silvio and Vendetta. Which was all payback for Eric's build thread which inspired me to buy the Silvios. You See it's all Eric's fault. It's always Eric's fault. Or is it Charles' fault for requiring pictures?

So translated to more straight forward language....

1) Encourage everyone else to spend their budgets, if documenting and sharing something makes it impossible for them to resist spending on their bike then all the more reason to take the extra time to share it.

2) Don't spend money on new tech; unless it will drive someone else too also do so (never be the only one using bleeding edge) but if everyone else is; why not go for it.

3) Don't spend my own budget; especially on brand new technology, unless spending it means that that numerous other people will be unable to resist the urge to also spend theirs too. Better yet If you can encourage someone else to spend their budget to go figure out if it works without also spending my own.

I'm not so good at rule 3.

So putting this into practice consider the Di2 upgrade post. Jim raves about Di2; Gary rides Jim's bike last year and gushes about it. I couldn't justify Ultegra Di2 version 1. Then Version 2 comes out; oh no......

So while It's not a physically hard upgrade, it was mentally daunting, If Buddy hadn't drilled his frame I would never have done that (I don't like cutting on my bike). If I am going through the hassle a couple pictures for Charles along the way don't slow me down. So now it's now better documented, built on the work of others (Buddy, Steve, Mauer and a couple I'm forgetting). Hopefully that makes it easier for someone else to do it.

Meanwhile, Eric is now muttering under his breath about Di2, as he pedals his way to work in his Velo, Lief and Rick are hoping the ride reports will be that it is a nice upgrade, but not a spectacular one. Unfortunately for them it already appears that "nice" doesn't really do it justice. Over in his quiet corner Steve is wondering about QRings. Robert's thinking the next iteration of the frames should have internal routing for Di2 designed in. Meanwhile Larry is drafting Gary into more customizations. And well the long Minnesota winter just got 3 weeks shorter.

Mission accomplished.
devil_smile.gif

But I have concluded it's Charles' fault after all.

Wow that was self indulgent. I really need to get over this 2 week Cold.