Wahoo KICKR Snap-Help tips and tricks for troubleshooting

Cruzbike Chris

Ther seems to be a lot of discussion on the forums about ways to setup/fix/reset/disconnect etc. about this pesky little critter we all like to ride these days. I thought I would try to,keep it all together since I also have one, and have not in the least been exempt from the fun. I have had a lot of trouble with mine over the last couple of months and have had numerous correspondence with all the experts; @ratz @LarryOz to start and lately @pedlpadl and even the corporate we noes too from TrainerRoad and Wahoo. I think I have narrowed it down to my lemon having a bad speed sensor. Thanks to all you guys for helping out. Now all I have to do is wait for Wahoo to respond to my most recent troubleshooting.

I am going to add some of the tips I have learned here and hopefully @ratz can do the magic and pull all the others from the 4F thread, My journey to a V20 and What I did to prepare for Sebring threads and add here for reference too.

Starting form the final email from Wahoo and going back:

The Snap can only connect to one device or app at a time. Please close all additional apps (on all devices) capable of connecting to the Snap. Most apps are capable of running in the background on the device and continuing to have a connection to the Snap, which will prevent other apps from connecting to the Snap or can cause conflicting commands to be sent to the Snap. The links below show how to close the apps on iOS.

iOS:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

If testing with an iOS device, please perform a network reset.

1- Open the Settings app
2- Click on General
3- Click on Reset
4- Click on Reset Network Settings

A heads up: this will force you to reenter wifi passwords as it resets wifi too.

If using an android device, please restart your phone.

- If you have a Garmin computer, turn this off

- After completing these steps, please test the Snap with the Wahoo Fitness app, using ERG mode. Set the wattage to at least 125 for 10 minutes. If you have any issues, please send me a screenshot of your power graph (along with the serial number of your Snap).

I had issues:

image.pngimage.png

Last edited:

Cruzbike Chris

For software updates or to test bet! Thanks @pedlpadl

In the IOS Wahoo Fitness app, click on sensors in the lower left. Pair with your KICKR Snap if you haven't already. Once it is paired and connected, tap on the grey Snap icon five times to get to the firmware update screen. Select 2.1.6.

Cruzbike Chris

If isolating Wahoo or TR issues, or just to start TrainerRoad back over from scratch, try this cleanup.

Alright, let's try clearing your app data to see if that fixes the problem.

Open windows explorer, copy %localappdata% into the search bar, and delete a folder called "TrainerRoad Data".
(I just searched in Windows, "TrainerRoad Data" and deleted everything.)
Then, uninstall TrainerRoad and reinstall it.

If that doesn't work, try using the beta app: https://www.trainerroad.com/download/beta