Wanna go on my bike?

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Maria sent me a email saying someone wants a go on my bike. I would be happy to do this. I think, for some reason Maria did not see the reply I sent.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I would demo my bike but let someone ride It? Heck that would have to be difficult not biting my bottom lip when seeing that bike wobble.

telephd

Guru
Ive had several people on our Softrider with only minor incidence. I would be hard pressed for a S30 test ride without ample skills demonstrated on the Softrider first.

Suz

Yes. Sofrider definitely, Silvio no no noooo. That's my baby.

I actually bought the T50 with training others in mind. I'm glad I did, the steering is much more stable than my sofrider and Silvio. It should be great for beginners.

I actually bought the T50 with training others in mind. I'm glad I did, the steering is much more stable than my sofrider and Silvio. It should be great for beginners.[/QUOTE]

Good info. I've been considering selling my Q559. Now, I might sell both the Sofrider and the Q and buy either the S40 or the T50.

I would let folks ride the Q or the Sofrider with no issues. The fit is so specific for the Silvio that I keep that bike for myself only. Once you get it dialed in you don't want to change anything.

joy

I let a guy demo my three. He was my size, so no problem there. He started on the Q without much issue, so I said try the S30. He did ok on that, so I took a deep breath, and got out the V. He did fine, and in fact thought the V was the easiest to ride.
ChaleJake, get the S40. I love it. I bought it for off road, but like it so much, I just got another set of road wheels for it.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Would you say the T50 stability and seat position would make it suitable for (crazy Canadian) winter bike where you occasionally need to get started in snow? :) Now that I am acclimatized to my Cruzbike conversion I really don't want to go back to my mountain bike for winter. Last winter was hard enough when I still felt wobbly enough now and then to have a little caution in reasonable weather...:eek:

Suz

Would you say the T50 stability and seat position would make it suitable for (crazy Canadian) winter bike where you occasionally need to get started in snow? :) Now that I am acclimatized to my Cruzbike conversion I really don't want to go back to my mountain bike for winter. Last winter was hard enough when I still felt wobbly enough now and then to have a little caution in reasonable weather...:eek:

I do think the stability is good enough for that with the T50. Especially since you've had more practice to get stable on your current cruzbike.

Suz

And by the way, I can't believe you're riding in crazy Canadian winters. I grew up in North Dakota and you wouldn't have caught me on a bike in those temps. Hats off to you! Brrrr

benphyr

Guru-me-not
And by the way, I can't believe you're riding in crazy Canadian winters. I grew up in North Dakota and you wouldn't have caught me on a bike in those temps. Hats off to you! Brrrr

Mehh. "crazy Canadian winter" was more for poetic licence.

Our winter here in Hamilton, Ontario is probably much easier than in North Dakota. We fight with slush and salt on roads more than depth of snow, drifting or ice. Temperatures range down to -18C (0F) for several days each winter into the -23C (-9F) range every few years, but normal lows are -5 to -10C (23 to 14F?). -23C is cold, the rest are a matter of 1) being warm to start, 2) wearing relatively warm breathable stuff under windproof gear such as rain gear so you balance insulation with sweating, and keeping the wind off your hands and face as much as possible (balaclava). My studded tires on my mountain bike mean that I don't slide before cars. But I don't ride if cars are sliding because well - bikes lose no matter whether the bike slides first or the car slides first.

(All Farenheit temperatures are guestimates off the top of my head - I didn't look them up.)

But enough of this "Hi Jack". Back to the regular programming.

I will let anyone try my bike. As a coworker asked "Are you man enough to let me try?" and my response "but are you man enough to follow directions?" But I still have minor trepidation with others using "my" stuff. No matter what stuff - - it is a control issue, I know...

NeaL

Guru
So, what would be the most difficult Cruzbike for a beginner to learn on? I wouldn't say that my Sofrider "sucks" but it certainly is making me confront my... shortcomings, or something.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I THINK that the Softrider would be the easiest due to the 45 degree seat back, higher seat base height, and low BB height, and wide flat handlebars, with the Vendetta being the hardest!
Could others comment!

NeaL

Guru
I THINK that the Sofrider would be the easiest due to the 45 degree seat back, higher seat base height, and low BB height, and wide flat handlebars...
Could others comment!

Here's a picture of mine, the way it was when I got it. The seat was a lot higher than 45 degrees and the handlebars it came with were awful. Those handlebars made it totally unridable for me until I could replace them. I also moved the seat forward a little from where you see it, here, so the backrest has a little more lean, now.

https://images.craigslist.org/00P0P_k5JFjPJ2iJE_1200x900.jpg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The handle bars are WAY to close to you!!!
The BB height looks good, as the previous rider must have be very height challenged (short)!
An adjustable angle stem would allow to get your arms at 45 to 90 degree bend.

http://www.wiggle.com.au/ritchey-ad...1|pkw||pmt||prd|5360279607au&dest=27&curr=AUD

Try for 40 to 45 degree seat back, by moving to seat base forward and drilling new seat back holes up as high as possible on the seat back for the connection to the seat post, as T50 riders have done!

NeaL

Guru
Try for 40 to 45 degree seat back, by moving to seat base forward and drilling new seat back holes up as high as possible on the seat back for the connection to the seat post, as T50 riders have done!

I can't move the seat any further forward at this time, unless I maybe wear an athletic supporter with a cup.
I have a different set of handlebars on there now. It already has an angle stem, which I might still move again later.

NeaL

Guru
Here's a picture of today's ride; current stem angle, seat position, new handlebars, and later during my ride I let out the Bottom Bracket maybe another inch as my legs gained a little more familiarity.
21316477_10214331931599293_3079971826438202319_o.jpg

Brad R

Here's a picture of today's ride; current stem angle, seat position, new handlebars, and later during my ride I let out the Bottom Bracket maybe another inch as my legs gained a little more familiarity.
21316477_10214331931599293_3079971826438202319_o.jpg

I would rotate the handlebars clockwise in this picture. I find it more comfortable to have the hand grips more square to my arms. This allows my wrists to be in a more comfortable position for me.