Wed Mt. Diablo ride with Grizzlies

AbramClark

Compared to the last ride I posted about, this was a piece of cake. A leisurely 45 miles and 4175 feet of climbing with comfortable temperatures in the 70s. And all the climbing was one steady stretch that never got terribly steep. A few other riders in the group were impressed with how fast I could climb on my bike, but I'm convinced a Silvio climbs equally well to any other bike after hearing about what Lief and Jason can do on a Vendetta.

Again, the Grizzly Peak Cyclists are excellent to ride with. Good conversation, and one rider was handing out cinnamon cookies at the top :). There is also a little visitor center at the top of the mountain that sells T-shirts, ice cream bars, and gatorade.

I kind of wish I could give my top and average speed, but alas, I do not have a cycle computer on the Silvio. All I can say is the downhill was smooth, fun, very twisty, and I didn't get too crazy. So my top speed was in the high 30s or low 40s :).

Here are some pictures:
2016-10-12 12.57.00.jpg 2016-10-12 13.26.42.jpg 2016-10-12 14.01.44.jpg 2016-10-12 14.02.47.jpg

Last edited: