What I did to prepare for Sebring 2017 ---today

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Thanks Bob, love the photos, smiles, and sunshine. All involved were great. But I must say, it was hard to follow without live timing. Anyway congrats to all.
We actually had live tracking, but I failed to communicate directly to Lucia and she didn't know that the links were for public consumption so they didn't get posted here . In the future we will be better. We did testing with the devices and there's a pretty good chance that they will make an appearance on RAAM. They will be way easier to follow than the RAAM page for the average joe. Now no promises things might change, but the technology did work, it is the same stuff Larry and Jason were using to track my drive down. They were on the bikes just came down to a whole lot of things to do Saturday AM and communications error on my part.
So they didn't get posted here or on Facebook.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I considered posting the live tracking results here and on FB but honestly without being able to see where everyone else is, it's kind of a useless. I can see their value in a solo endeavor against the clock or maybe multi day stuff like RAMM but for a multi lap race like Sebring it just doesn't seem like much of a deal. At the very least I'd like to see more data available like total stopped time as well as avg speed and moving avg speed.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I considered posting the live tracking results here and on FB but honestly without being able to see where everyone else is, it's kind of a useless. I can see their value in a solo endeavor against the clock or maybe multi day stuff like RAMM but for a multi lap race like Sebring it just doesn't seem like much of a deal. At the very least I'd like to see more data available like total stopped time as well as avg speed and moving avg speed.
That's referred to by quarq as their "race intelligence system" they will have that at most of the Ironman "owned" events this year and they're taking suggestions for other events and venues where they should provide the service as well. so it will be an expanding platform. this is the first year that privately own devices will be able to be used in addition the one provided by race sponsors

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I used live tracking from my wahoo elemnt. The companion app on the iPhone picks up the updated current Lat long from the Elemnt and that gets sent back to the wahoo server. All you have to do is supply an email address, say to my brother, and he receives a www url link to the wahoo server that displays the geo coord on a map. Nice and easy. My brother actually posted the link to all my friends so they could see my progress. Nice feature that was found out a few days before the race. I guess this is a similar type thing but the one above does bioscans such as heart rate & power as well as geo coord updates ?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Home safe and sound and we were even able to get in a good recovery ride today. I can't say it too many times, but I really like the atmosphere of the Sebring race. The Race cars and race bikes combined make it unique to all the other races. Maybe someone can post a good photo of the bike pits down Midway drive? Connie and I enjoyed meeting all the Cruzbikers we had only known through the internet as well as seeing our old friends again.

So how did Team Moose do? Well, not so hot and fantastic at the same time. I failed miserably in my Domestique duties by allowing my GC rider to get lost three times. I know, long story. Then I wasn't there at the end to tell a still fresh rider she had time for one more lap. I know, don't ask. But this isn't a pity party story, it's a story of success. Despite my failings, Connie was able to crush her goal of 200 miles with 210 official and six more bonus miles. This sets a course record in the recumbent geezer girl age category for the 60-64-year-old ladies to shoot at. But, the up and coming ladies shouldn't expect this to be the record for long. I'm pretty sure Ms. Daisy plans on moving the record a bit higher next year. See you next year Sebring!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Home safe and sound and we were even able to get in a good recovery ride today. I can't say it too many times, but I really like the atmosphere of the Sebring race. The Race cars and race bikes combined make it unique to all the other races. Maybe someone can post a good photo of the bike pits down Midway drive? Connie and I enjoyed meeting all the Cruzbikers we had only known through the internet as well as seeing our old friends again.

So how did Team Moose do? Well, not so hot and fantastic at the same time. I failed miserably in my Domestique duties by allowing my GC rider to get lost three times. I know, long story. Then I wasn't there at the end to tell a still fresh rider she had time for one more lap. I know, don't ask. But this isn't a pity party story, it's a story of success. Despite my failings, Connie was able to crush her goal of 200 miles with 210 official and six more bonus miles. This sets a course record in the recumbent geezer girl age category for the 60-64-year-old ladies to shoot at. But, the up and coming ladies shouldn't expect this to be the record for long. I'm pretty sure Ms. Daisy plans on moving the record a bit higher next year. See you next year Sebring!

Moose I think its time for a 2nd Vendetta, so you can hopefully keep up with Ms Daisy!

You set the Vendetta up very well for her, as she looks very Aero on the bike, with the handle bars level with her shoulders, her head MUCH lower than yours, the BB just right!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
You set the Vendetta up very well for her, as she looks very Aero on the bike,
I would have to second that. When I got level with her it was as though she increased her pace. Well fast! You did a good job there for sure.