What I did Today to prepare for Sebring 2018

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
In honor of the snow predicted from Friday it's time For some winter fun.....

This will be the "We" are training for Sebring 2018 thread. If you did something today to prepare for Sebring 2018 go a head and post it here. Sort of a motivation / accountability journal for everyone working toward the event. Everyone is welcome to add their daily activity here.

ratz

Ok so I'm a week late starting this out this year.

4 weeks ago I finished the extra plans available this year.
Nov 1st and Dec 1st start date plan are still highly viable for people

Last week was my FTP test after completing my 4 weeks of omg you got out of shape crewing for RAAM training. I'm following the easier on the body couch to Sebring plan this year because I got a 2 month earlier start. But I must say it's probably just as tiring as I remember last years plan being. Longer hours and lower intensity is just a tiring.

And just to hurt myself; I'm going to declare for the 24 hour this year. (Blarg somebody talk me out of it)

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 23.15.28 PM.png

Between now and Turkey day I have to figure out how to enter a Zwift race and go smack talk Hardy. Yes Hardy this years plan allow for 1-2 Zwift sessions per week

ratz

They have lots of group rides at different levels for recovery that work really well. They have races for -- well racing. Race Categories are based on your top fitness. Category numbers are different for different races so D cat can mean different levels for different races. The masters ZHR races go by age brackets and go from A--J. You have to check each race. Zwift is having a problem with a lot of sandbagging going on in the races right now but they are working on it. They are also about to open up a new route in Watopia.

That was mostly snark; I need to set up some tech here and then I'm poking you to do some co-riding without the race element to get this rolling.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I skipped my noon ride and opted for a nap next to the shop cat instead, he looked very warm and comfortable, it was great. Recovery days are the best kind of days ;)

Only 9 days before Berrego which is likely my last race before Sebring for me.

ratz

1. Signed back up for Zwift
2. Ordered the Neos
3. Rode some pulls and drags with sweet spot to make it fun.

2017-10-26_00-24-46.png

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I'm just eating donuts laced with protein (to gain weight and power) and waiting to see what everyone else does!

LarryOz

Larry it would be fun to see how your power fares against the Zwifters. Jason had a very positive response racing there. He established a lot of good vibes towards recumbents.
I am heavier now and weaker too, so I probably would not make a good impression. My Wt/Kg is only 3,5 right now. :(
Jason is "peaking", I am "weaking"! :D
I need to loose 20 lbs and gain 50 watts by Sebring! :eek: (seems like a fair trade don't you think?)
I'll still try and get on Zwift sometime this winter with you guys.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I am heavier now and weaker too, so I probably would not make a good impression. My Wt/Kg is only 3,5 right now. :(
Jason is "peaking", I am "weaking"! :D
I need to loose 20 lbs and gain 50 watts by Sebring! :eek: (seems like a fair trade don't you think?)
I'll still try and get on Zwift sometime this winter with you guys.

Peaking is right, just finishing up 90 miles with 7000' because that how far I have to ride to pick up bike parts. Feeling pretty good powering through this burrito with only 2 miles to go. Another 100 mile with some climbing tomorrow for the annual noon ride century and then it's just chill the next 6 days till Worlds. Since Christoph won't be there to defend this year I'll need to break his 550 mile record for it to feel like a win. Honestly 550 on that course seems a bit much and I was think more like 530-535. If I can at least do 530 that'll set me up nicely to go 560+ at Sebring.
IMG_7461.JPG

LarryOz

OK - Here are my new Lintamen shoes.
They have a sliding plate that allows you to move your cleat down to the mid-sole position.
I am giving them a try today. My good and well known recumbent and ultra legend Kent Polk swears by this mid-sole position. Says you will never get hot-foot "and" once adapted can weight your foot better and pull down with more power from the 2 o'clock to the 6 o'clock segment of the pedal stroke. Can't wait to test them out. I may have to move the BB a tiny bit closer for proper knee bend.

Lintamen shoes.jpg

Even better, this is a prototype design made of HBCF (Human Based Carbon Fiber).
I sent them some of my DNA and they actually grew the Carbon Fiber Strands with my DNA. Therefore I will be "one with the shoe".
Plus they are only 37 grams! Can you believe that!
shoe weight.jpg

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
An easy 23.7 miles of Penguin Power to get back into the swing of things. Work had been interfering with my cycling, getting re-balanced.. 50F day. Bonus points for the Yehuda Moon wool Walz cap under the penguin, am I right? Getting ready to start up Vendetta+KICKR indoor training but the velo lets me continue to enjoy outdoor riding through most of the winter...

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/18685234

Penguin Power by Eric, on Flickr

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Jason good luck in Borrego. Could you please post that phone # again and is it possible for you to be on the Discord Cruzbike channel during the race?

I can't do a discord chat because it's too much drain on my battery to leave it open long enough for multiple people to filter in over a period of time. But anyone is welcome to give me call during the race, preferably when you think I'm probably falling asleep. Just say hey and have a fun story to tell me because I'm a good listener when I'm 200-300 miles into a 24hr :lol. I'll post my phone number again in a Berrego specific thread where you guys and gals and chat and share you're observations of the race live. I hope the live results are as good as they were in texas because that made it so easy to know exactly where I was among the field.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
An easy 23.7 miles of Penguin Power to get back into the swing of things. Work had been interfering with my cycling, getting re-balanced.. 50F day. Bonus points for the Yehuda Moon wool Walz cap under the penguin, am I right? Getting ready to start up Vendetta+KICKR indoor training but the velo lets me continue to enjoy outdoor riding through most of the winter...

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/18685234

Penguin Power by Eric, on Flickr

Sick orange velo, you should be racing that thing :D