What I did Today to prepare for Sebring 2018

super slim

Zen MBB Master
How much night riding do you do, as 5 headlights is a LOT, especially with the BIG central light blocking the air vent!
Have you got ANY tail Lights!

You look lovely as a Penguin!
I HOPE you protect your head with more than your Penguin hat!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
How much night riding do you do, as 5 headlights is a LOT, especially with the BIG central light blocking the air vent!
Have you got ANY tail Lights!

You look lovely as a Penguin!
I HOPE you protect your head with more than your Penguin hat!

The irony is that large central light is the weakest of the 5.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
The irony is that large central light is the weakest of the 5.
True. The Ayup lights are extremely bright but don't have any cut-off so I generally try to just use them when I'm on twisty roads (or paths) above 25mph and definitely on the 40-50+mph downhills.

That being said the center headlight works pretty well for speeds up to about 25mph if the bends aren't too twisty.

Also, even though the Ayups are twin-beam lights they function as a single light as the beams are designed to converge into a single larger spot. You _can_ do some interesting things by twisting them to diverged the beams but that generally isn't all that useful.

I have another one with red lens caps I put up on the turtle deck facing rearward that I normally put on blink mode but I've been doing more MUP riding as the weather turns to crap so there aren't many other users now and generally I'm the one doing the overtaking so I don't have as much need for the extra rear light. Definitely on the road though.

-Eric

Last edited:

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Sick orange velo, you should be racing that thing :D
I've taken it to the Waterford Michigan HPV event one year and alternated between my Vendetta and the Strada. Same events that ran at different times because they were different classes. Pretty tiring though racing both. It is fun to race but requires different strategies. No jack rabbit starts or sprints generally. Builds speed slower but a lot easier to maintain. Uphill is velomobile kryptonite although in some conditions it can be easier to just keep spinning while working up a hill slowly without having to worry about wandering around on the road or falling over.

-Eric

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
That's a lot cooler than an indoor trainer. Wow
Yup, it makes it even harder to get motivated to do any serious KICKR time and I'm dressed pretty lightly inside the shell but still stay pretty comfortable.

Riding with the race cap is warmer still and more comfortable when it gets really cold and icky but I was trying to enjoy head-out a few more times. Rode it in the rain today with the race cap and was warmer than the ride in the photo above.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Spent the weekend get all the winterization done so it doesn't interfere with training time.
Took an old school cinder block unfinished basement and chopped it up into 4 room, a hall way and 2 storage areas.
Setup the now sound isolated training room for side by side zwift racing using some budget tv's

IMG_0218.jpg IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0217.jpg

ratz

That was a miss.

A tablet and other gadgets.

Yep tablets; one running Training Road; the other drives does misc things like Zwift, or Reading, or Work related E-Training Videos, forum reading etc. other just is just temporary power and usb while I tweak the room.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Raced 24hr and decided I don't ever want to do this crap again.
I think 12 hrs during daylight is more natural!
You have done it, and went extremely well (2nd) against International semi Pro racers!

AND raised the awareness of Cruzbike Vendettas to the Ultra Racers!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Are you going to hang heavy curtains on the two walls to dampen the sound and improve the looks of the bessa block walls, or add more of the sound foam blocks?

Are the two centrifugal fans close enough to you?

ratz

Are you going to hang heavy curtains on the two walls to dampen the sound and improve the looks of the bessa block walls, or add more of the sound foam blocks?

Are the two centrifugal fans close enough to you?

Walls will get base paint and bike/sport graphics hand painted.

The fans; yep; close enough to need too wear sun glasses to keep the eyes from drying out.