What is new on the Silvio S30

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
updated picture and availabillity line only

It just looks like they updated the picture on the website, and the first line of text showoing
All the description still looks exactly like the Silvio 2.0, and even "options" area where you check what you want to add to your cart still says "Silvio 2.0 Frameset. Looks like someone might have jumped the gun to get something on the website, or just did not finish before uploading the content. EIther way - incomplete and confusing!
Probably just have to wait a while longer!

Jeremy S

Dude
Paul, where do you see "S30"

Paul, where do you see "S30" (I don't)?

Glad they took off the "2.0" logo, looks a little better (although I still prefer my bike's "classic" logo).

1happyreader

zen/child method
hover hover

Jeremy,

the "S30" is visable when your cursor hovers over the new silvio picture.

later .......... bye

Saw it on Facebook!

10518302_10152200483537377_7646107677893788194_o.jpg height:880px;

From Facebook comments!

Ted Edinger: It's the 2.0 frame set, right? What does the "S30" refer to?

CRUZBIKE: That's a great question, Ted Edinger - S refers to Silvio and 30 refers to the angle of the seat.

Jeremy S

Dude
Hm, does that mean the seat

Hm, does that mean the seat angle changed by 3 degrees?

The FD cable routing in that photo looks different, like the cable is going below the BB.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
S is for Silvio; 30 is for

S is for Silvio; 30 is for seat recline. Yes its really 27, but we'll use that formula in other models is the thinking.

KiwiGuy

Nailin' it John

Hi John

You're totally nailing it with this latest iteration of the Silvio IMHO. Nice work!

The aspects I like in particular are:

1. The seat recline of 27 degrees. I've long thought that this is the 'Goldilocks' seat recline. Not too steep, not too reclined. Great for climbing with reasonable speed in flat and rolling country. And it is far enough away from the Vendetta seat recline to mark it out as sufficiently different. Well handled.

2. You've maintained the focus on 'Silvio' being the brand, with the 'made by Cruzbike' in the background but still evident. Strikes me as the perfect balance from a branding pov. And you got rid of the 2.0/2.1 or whatever you're now up to. 'Silvio' pure and simple. NIce.

3. Love the new colour scheme. Black looks mean and doing the business, but it's visibility to car drivers is rubbish when you're on the road. I love the white frame with black look. It looks the bomb! (However, I would say that - my new Golf GTi is pure white with gloss black wheels - sex on wheels. Well IMHO again.).

You deserve to sells heaps of this new Silvio. I really hope you do.

Kind regards... Blair

Jeremy S

Dude
The bike description got

The bike description got updated.

Silvio S30 version 2.2 delivers the following improvements to version 2.0:
  • Larger boom and slider for even better power delivery
  • Improved front derailleur cable management for easier set up and adjustment
  • Press-fit RD hanger to keep everything in order on front wheel changes
  • 3 mm additional tire clearance on the fork
  • Improved headrest attachment
  • Additional cable adjuster position on slider clamp
  • Front light attachment point

Ivan

Guru
Sounds like sensible

Sounds like sensible incremental improvements to me! I think it's particularly good that (a) Cruzbike is now offering fully built bikes and (b) a "simple" thing like front light attachment point is included - cos us early adopters figured out our own solutions.

I was wondering if there would be a new handlebar option, as the previous bullhorns are still not available (either on Vendetta or Silvio pages).

Jeremy S

Dude
Since 11 speed is supported,

Since 11 speed is supported, I wonder if there's an "official" solution for the apparently smaller diameter on the Ultegra 6800 bottom bracket bearings (maybe an included shim)?

scabinetguy

11 Speed Supported

Here's what you need for Ultegra 6800 11 speed. Shims for the smaller BB diameter. 1 3/4" outside X 1 5/8" inside x 3/8" wide. Works very well.

KiwiGuy

Improvements

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the heads-up on the other improvements to the Silvio.

Although these days there is always the assumption that a new model will have many large and small improvements, the dedication that John and the team at Cruzbike have to continuous improvement really impresses me. Across all the recumbent manufacturers, imho Cruzbike is right at the top of the pile for constantly improving their product.

From my perspective, of the improvements you've mentioned, the move to the press-fit RD hanger is possibly the biggest relief. I have two fears with MBB, and one of them is getting stuck on the side of the road with a punctured front tyre and not being able to reassemble the front end.

I'm also pleased that they've up-graded to handle 11-speed; and that with the growing number of 24mm (Pacenti) and 25mm (Hed) road rims available the Silvio can now handle wider tyres.

This new Silvio is a very tempting bike. But I've been waiting patiently for the 11-speed version of the Vendetta to be released, so I'll leave my final decision until then. I'm really hoping that is not too far off.

Kind regards...

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Maybe this is a question for JT? or JParker?

I keep seeing people say that the Vendetta doesn't do 11 speed?
But the Vendetta I have, set up by Jim or John? or maybe Robert?

It has the 11speed SRAM Force cassette.
It might need an adjustment here and there to hit the rings right but - it works just fine?

What am I missing?