What is new on the Silvio S30

Jeremy S

Dude
Blair, yes, I usually haven't

Blair, yes, I usually haven't had trouble but just last weekend I had to remove the front wheel on the road, got the chain tangled up in bizarre ways, and managed to put a kink in the RD cable and housing (which I replaced later). A secured RD hanger sure would have helped.

Lief, I thought 11-speed support meant a slightly wider fork dropout spacing to accommodate a wider cassette, but I don't know whether such is always required.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
That makes sense I guess w/RE to 11 sp support.

Jeremy,
Perhaps some 11sp cassettes are wider than others?

All I can say is, my Vendetta II has an 11 sp Ultegra cassette with an SRAM Force derailer and the hub and all fit rather nicely.

and...BTW...my Silvio 1.0 derailer hanger IS indeed a pain when I change a tire.
I live with it, because I love the bike, but the way the Vendetta II derailer hanger works is SOO much better.

Pressfit?!...oooh la la. Sounds better yet.

Lief

Lief

Guru Schmuru
KiwiGuy - 11sp Vendetta

I know this is the Silvio forum but KiwiGuy - I think the Vendetta II is just fine with 11sp, if that's what you are after.
See this thread - http://cruzbike.com/sram-force-22-vendetta

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What is the S30 steerer tube

What is the S30 steerer tube max OD, and also the V2.0, V1.5, as V1.0 is 35.5 mm, and what are the Vendetta V1.0 and V2.0.

I was wondering what steps in the torsionally Moment of Inertia (Ip), there has been, as the Silvio V1.0 is stiff, when compared to the Quest V1.0, and especially to a RWD? trike, when applying the brakes and applying approximately the same pressure to one pedal.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Jeremy,
     I have ALWAYS

Jeremy,
I have ALWAYS tipped my Silvio V1.0 upside down to fix a front flat and not fully removed the skewer, so the loose hanger bracket is held in place. It also makes it easier to fit the wheel back in as you can easily see what is going on.

The SRAM derailleur with a locking pin would be great, but I need a triple crank, so have stayed with Shimano.

1happyreader

zen/child method
in another dimension

Jeremy S,
I thought 11-speed support meant a slightly wider fork dropout spacing to accommodate a wider cassette, but I don't know whether such is always required.
They seem to have moved the cassette inward with new hubs and/or dishing.
wheels are now selling with a spacer to be used with your 10 spd cassette.

might mean some great markdown sales on existing 10 spd wheels.

later ,,, bye

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Also this...

With Shimano on a 10sp will there is spacer between the wheel and the back of the Shimano 10speed Cassette. If you put an 11sp Cassette on a 10sp wheel wheel omit that spacer then the Shimano 11sp takes up just a tiny bit more space than a 10sp and it will fit your fork in most cases the chain will clear.

If you have a SRAM Cassette you normally have already removed the spacer on a 10sp wheel with a 10sp Cassette; and as such with a SRAM 11sp cassette you can't pick up the extra slack that way; with SRAM you will likely need a new wheel like happy mentioned or you need a wider fork or a spacer to push the fork out 2mm+.

KiwiGuy

Psychologically committed

Jeremy - I hope that you're not feeling too beaten up by your recent fall.

Lief - thanks for your observations and thoughts. I decided about 12 months ago to wait until the Vendetta was released in 11-speed format, and Ultegra Di2 was available. As time went by, people commented that the current version handled 11-speed just fine, even though Cruzbike said to run 10-speed. Then it took a little longer than I anticipated for the 11-speed Vendetta to be released. Now it's a year down the track and I'm psychologically committed to the next Vendetta up-grade. Hind-sight - I should have purchased 12 months ago and run Ultegra Di2 10-speed.

That said, the latest Silvo S30 is looking a very complete bike. I suspect I'll still plump for the Vendetta because I'm a speed merchant, but this is the first time I've started to think that just maybe I need two recumbents parked in my garage!

Kind regards...

Ivan

Guru
The set of improvements to

The set of improvements to S30 show how closely Cruzbike listens to its avid users - a great reason to be active on this forum!! At the same time, I like that the changes are incremental and, if you are listening on these forums, not a huge surprise. Thus, an owner of a year old model like me does not feel that I have "lost" anything by getting my Silvo earlier rather than later. I think S30 is evolving, but it doesn't tempt me to change my Silvio 2.0 -- the next iteration of a V30 or V40 may be a different story however...

11-SPEED GROUP SETS

The new Silvio S30 accommodates 11-speed systems.
I was contacted by a customer that might order a Silvio but he said it might also be a Vendetta.
When looking for group sets it was easy to find 11-speed group sets but not so many 10-speed group sets.

Do the manufactures only make 11-speed group sets today and the 10-speed group sets are their older stock?
Are there some group sets from Sram and Shimano that function well on a Silvio and some that don't?
I was thinking about 10-speed group sets and also about 11-speed group sets?

Since the S30 isn't available yet but will be soon it could be useful to know which 11-speed group set that functions well on the new Silvio.

The customer is Norwegian but we also get some customers from our neighboring countries.

Bringing items to and from Norway
Reimbursement of VAT to tourists
http://www.toll.no/templates_TAD/Topic.aspx?id=278987&epslanguage=en

baov

AWWW YISS
Fatter tires. I

AWWW YISS
Fatter tires. I wonder what's the largest 650B that can be fitted into this.

baov

GUYS GUYS GUYS!! I think i'm

GUYS GUYS GUYS!! I think i'm seeing disc bosses!
Maybe we could fit even LARGER 26"!
teeth_smile.gif

Gromit

Guru
Disk Bosses on the S30?

There are definitely disk brake bosses on the rear end of the S30. It would be unlikely that there wouldn't be some on the front too.
Narrow 26", disk specific rims are not that easy to find. Not that easy in 700c 29er either, for that matter. My Quest 29er has DT Swiss 465D, 700c disk specific rims. There is a 26" version, the DT Swiss 445D.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Silvio 30 delivery date moved

Silvio 30 delivery date has moved out from Oct 1st, Oct 15th, and it is now Nov 30th.

What has happened?

joy

Guessing the new date is for

Guessing the new date is for another batch, as my frame just arrived in Florida yesterday.