What's the fender secret?

Othmar

New poster here. 3 yrs ago ratz was kind enough to spend 4 hrs teaching me to ride. Just now got around to purchasing a cruz bike. Got the black t50 with rack and fenders. I don't know a thing about bikes. last time I rode one much was 50 yrs ago, a hardware store one speed.

Anyway I have mine mostly together. Had to shim the front derailer with a washer as it wouldn't tighten down. Had to attach the rack asymetrically as it was hitting the rear brake. So used the alum spacer supplied plus one washer on one side and left the alum spacer out on the other and just used 5 washers. All seems to work well.

The wooden fenders have me stymied, what's the secret. Can't find any directions and can't figure it out.

Thanks

Suz

http://cruzbike.com/forum/posts/137219/

Hi Othmar,
I have the same bike and will install the fenders this week-end. The above link is another owner of the same bike. Little discussion about mounting yet, but continue checking in case you don't get the same comments here.

So used the alum spacer supplied plus one washer on one side and left
I did the same thing with mine. I was able to get it straight with tweaks to the brake.

Othmar

Thanks Suz. I have now actually taken the rake off as it seemed on the brake side where I moved it out to clear the brake that I maybe needed to grab more threads with the bolt than I had. So went to several places to find a slightly longer bolt, no luck. Did find a significantly longer one at a bike shop and bought it, but as suspected it seems too long. Will resume my search Monday. Also will look over the brake situation to see if there is an adjustment to move it in a bit. As I said I am quite unfamiliar with bikes.

Thanks for the link to Jim's post about the fenders will post my progress there. Like Jim said there should be 10 of us that have this bike we can help each other.
Even the few pics he has on his post give me an idea of how to start on the fenders.

Thanks,
Othmar

Suz

http://cruzbike.com/forum/posts/137103/

Othmar,
I'm not sure it the above post will be helpful because it sounds like you've tried the same things. But I do have a picture of my brake adjustment in that thread.

I'm unfamiliar with disc brakes so it's been a learning experience for me too.

I still have to tackle the fenders. Will let you know when I have.

Suz

Well, this certainly isn't for the faint of heart. The fenders are a challenge but I'm close to the finish. I took some pictures of the attachments in case you weren't sure how the fender bolts worked. They didn't attach in order.

I needed to loosen the front tire to get the front fender slid through. Then reattached it before securing the fender.

I'll post more tomorrow after I finish the back fender.

IMG_5952.JPG IMG_5943.JPG IMG_5949.JPG

Last edited: