Winter Improvements

BJ686

Given the cold weather and a few extra days at home from work, took the opportunity to make a few improvements to the V20:

1. Put a large Thor seat on in place of my medium. Medium was comfortable, but I started feeling that it was placing my upper body in too upright of a position since the "curve" for the back starts lower on the medium than the large. Also, after getting the large installed, noticed that the "seat pan" is roomier on the large (unsurprisingly) and is more comfortable for my size (6' tall).

2. Ordered and installed a new-style chain stay from Robert.

3. Mounted my Garmin Virb right below the bottom bracket for a more streamlined look than I previously had.

4. Added titanium spindles to my speedplay pedals---picked these up on ebay. Choose spindles a little longer than normal since my feet splay out a bit.

5. Added a Bushwacker brand expandable bag to the back. Expands enough to hold a light weight vest or maybe even a jacket.

Anyone else make any winter improvements? (If I would spend as much time training as I do messing around with parts on the bike, I'd be a much better cyclist!)

Brad

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

dtseng

The "new style chainstay", as shown in 2nd photo, clamps on the BB shell, not on the bearings.

I checked with Thor web site, the medium sport was actually wider than L at A, B, and C locations.

Last edited:

BJ686

Which Bushwacker bag? And can it hold a hydration bladder?

See link below, which shows dimensions. Never tried a bladder in it, but it is pretty roomy when expanded.

https://www.amazon.com/Bushwhacker-...1514820782&sr=8-1&keywords=bushwhacker+tacoma

I checked with Thor web site, the medium sport was actually wider than L at A, B, and C locations.

Yeah, my medium Thor seat is slightly wider than the large (but not by much). But, the seat pan area is deeper and more extended on the large (probably due to the seat being longer), which is why I think I have found it more comfortable.

Last edited: