XShifter...new wireless shifting option

3WHELZ

Guru
I saw an email notification that there will soon be a product release. They are looking for for companies to partner with at the upcoming Interbike expo to demo their products.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I saw an email notification that there will soon be a product release. They are looking for for companies to partner with at the upcoming Interbike expo to demo their products.
Yah, I just posted a new thread about this. Great opportunity for Cruzbike to be a demo vehicle for the upcoming Recumbent Cycle-Con in October!

I'm just hoping they start shipping soon. I'd rather demo it in the beautiful fall weather than to test the batteries' capacity to endure freezing weather... ;)

ccf

Guru
I see that the XShifter app is now on the App Store. Has XShifter shipped product yet?

-Cliff

BrianA

The iOS app was only released a couple of days ago. They haven't completed work on the Android app yet and as far as I know have not shipped any units. I would imagine they will wait until the Android app is available.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Glad to see the iOS app out there...positive movement, at last! The Android app is supposedly 2-3 weeks behind...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for November shipments.

BrianA

Good news for x shifter backers. The Android app has now been released so shipment shouldn't be too far off now.

Paruig

27th Dec Xshifter said:
"In about 1 week, XShifter will begin shipping the first systems. . .
The first systems will be the single MTB systems. . .
We expect it’s going to take about 2 months for all Kickstarter and other orders to be shipped, so please bear with us."

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I've even ordered one from their website. Still hasn't come. Guess I have to be patient like that disastrous company speedx ... a whole lot of money down the plug hole on that one.

Still if it does what it's supposed to... I'll be really happy.

BrianA

I am also one of the "Cruzbike tribe" waiting to receive the x-shifter system. While some single units have been sent out the latest news is that some software glitches have been identified which they are now in the process of trying to sort out. No definitive time line has been announced as to when shipping will resume but Paul has assured it shouldn't be too long.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I got this today by email:

UPDATE

Progress has been slow but steady. We ran into a few small problems on each of the last 2 production builds. We need to emphasize that this product must be 100% robust and reliable. Therefore we are pausing production and shipment when we have some issue so that we can take the time to correct it. As it is now, we believe all significant issues are resolved and production of the next batch has resumed. We are about at the point now that we can begin producing enough systems to satisfy all the Kickstarter pledges for the 1X systems, as well as new orders.

Delivery STATUS

We have been receiving a lot of inquiries about delivery status, especially the Kickstarter orders. We just don't have time and resources to personally reply to everyone. We understand that some of you have waited a long time for this. We are very sorry. Please be patient and look for updates on Kickstarter and here. We know you are very frustrated by the delays, as we are. But it is coming together slow but sure.

DISTRIBUTION

We need to get away from our inefficient direct internet sales of the product and move toward regional distribution. We have already signed contracts with a number of distributors around the globe. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us soon for details. When possible, I will be meeting with the distributors for proper training. There is no exact timing yet, but within the next couple months, its likely that we will not be selling online anymore, and you will be directed to local distribution and bike shops. This is better for everyone.

HAND CYCLES

We are doing our best to deliver all the hand cycle systems first. And we are also allocating a limited number of new deliveries to this market sector. Early in the XShifter project development we made some commitments to this market and we want to fullfill that promise. If you are a hand cyclist, and did not receive the product yet, please send us an email with a clear message you are a hand cyclist. We will reply as soon as we can.

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT

The small issues we have encountered on the 1X systems have really frustrated us. We cannot continue development of the 2X systems until all these issues are resolved. But we are very, very close. We have added resources to the software team, and expect this will be wrapped up in the next few weeks.

The mini- Pod will be released very soon. We believe this may be a better choice of Pod for road bikes, so once we release it, we will give all Kickstarter backers and pre-sales the opportunity to switch to this Pod. But lets see how the public reaction is to it. Combo systems just need a few bug fixes, and they are ready to go.

Shifting speed: We have made some improvements to the drive system over the last few weeks. These improvements have increased speed about 20%, Increased maximum pull force, and has also resulted in a significant reduction in battery consumption. So we are now ready to start tuning the system for maximum speed and performance. We had some issues with the servo drive getting stuck and also positioning issues with a few early systems. The improvements we made seem to have completely cured these issues.

Android: This is not progressing at the moment. We need to get the base system and iOS functioning perfectly first. Hopefully this will resume soon. We have asked for some help from the XShifter community on this. If you are an expert with Android development and would like to join the XShifter team, please contact us!

MTB Pod: we've gotten a ton of pressure to make a proper MTB pod. But what is a proper MTB pod? All the models are based on mechanical shifters and their inherent limitations and ergonomics. We would love to hear from you, what your ideal MTB Pod would look like. What position are the buttons? How much force? 1 lever or 2, etc.