Hey! This actually works.

Pretty cool.

Big picture.
20141129_124024.jpg

Video:

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Trying out the More Options button...

Cool, editing an exiting post doesn't make the video disappear....

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Easy to go back and re-edit a post. This will be great for Ratz and the dreaded iPad auto-error spelling corrections :D! Need more smiles to choose from?!?

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I agree this works much better on mobile. Already digging this more than old forum.

Chapeau!

P. S. One oddity. It knows in on the East coast and shows the tight time. But it claims that the posts here are yesterday (which they are if you are in GMT).

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Click on your name at the top; go to preference and set you time zone. The entire system is defaulting people to Monrovia, Reykjavik.

I agree this works much better on mobile. Already digging this more than old forum.

Chapeau!

P. S. One oddity. It knows in on the East coast and shows the tight time. But it claims that the posts here are yesterday (which they are if you are in GMT).

billyk

Guru
Am I the only one who misses the list of recent posts at the top of the old pages? Maybe some only read the items that concern "their" bike, but I like to read a variety of them. That used to be easy. The new setup will discourage such browsing. Bummer. Our am I missing something?

billyk

Guru
And it makes me log in (type email each time) for every post!

Seems like there are a few bugs to be worked out!

billyk

Guru
And a quick browse of the forums suggests that everyone is either administrator or new member, including some others who i know have been posting for years .... and again it made me re-login to edit a typo.

BentAero

Am I the only one who misses the list of recent posts at the top of the old pages? Maybe some only read the items that concern "their" bike, but I like to read a variety of them. That used to be easy. The new setup will discourage such browsing. Bummer. Our am I missing something?

Billy, There's a button on the banner up-top, second row, about the middle of the screen that is "New Posts". That will show you all of your unviewed/unread posts.

BentAero

And a quick browse of the forums suggests that everyone is either administrator or new member, including some others who i know have been posting for years .... and again it made me re-login to edit a typo.

New forum = New member. Not uncommon for a forum platform change to list everyone as a new member or similar term. This one does seem to still display a user's original join date, which is nice.

Regarding having to re-log in each time, that may be due to this being in beta mode. However it could be a setting on your device. I have not had to log in again despite multiple edits on both an android smart phone and a (Android) Amazon kindle fire.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master

I believe the forum is still going through a 24 hour (give or take) shake down before it's going public. Also for new posts, click the "New Post" under "Forums".