Homebrew Silvio Computer Mount

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I have struggled finding the perfect place to mount my computer on my Silvio. The obvious place, the handlebar, has been ruled off limits. The reason? Even according to John T, standing the bike on the seat back and hadlelbar is the best way to change a flat. So.... I have worked and worked to finger out the perfect place. This is what I came up with:

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Thanks, Bill! No, there is no knee strike. It's dead center, right under the handlebar and very easy too look at. That's where I wanted the computer all along, but it took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to do it and one prototype to figure out how to make it happen. Bill of parts:

1- 3/4" x 1/2" slip tee. Cut the meat of the 3/4" x 3/4" side away at the 1/2" Flange.

1- 1/2" slip by 1/2" slip coupler

1- 1/2" slip plug

1"x 1/2" pvc pipe

Zip ties

Rubber tube, etc to put between pvc and TFT to hold fast.

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Thats pretty good Mark.I just mount mine on the bars and dont have any trouble turning the bike over.Johns right on with the flat fix its pretty easy once you have do it a few times but im a slow learner. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I had issues with the Cateye wireless on my Bachetta. I think it was too far from the receiver, so I wanted to get it low as possible and also to keep the handlebar clear. It seems to receive the signal just fine, I had no issues with it this past weekend.

The computer mount was pretty easy to make. I did most of it in one evening. After I trimmed away the excess of the tee, I filed all the sharp corners and flashing off. Then I sanded and primed before painting. I'm pretty happy with it and I love where it puts the computer. You don't feel like you have to stare at it as you ride and yet, the information is easily seen when you want it.

Mark