Hydration Solution - Hydrapak 50oz

I've using the Hydrapak Reservior, cost was only $13.49 from nashbar.com, it fits perfectly in my Zefal Tripper pack that mounts to my rack.
I picked this particular reservior over using my Camelbak reserviors because the dimensions provided a better fit in my Zefal Tripper. Most packs are too long to fit in the 11-12" packs. What is also nice is the reserviour came with a velcro wrap around the hose and a velcro hook that wraps around my bottle holder. So while I'm riding I reach down, grab the hose and pull it off the velcro and insert it into my mouth, when I am done I easily remove it and push it back against the velcro hook.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Not too bad, Brian. Not bad at all. I'm just stubbornly trying to keep from putting a rack on mine. :|

Mark

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
-Attractive price;
-Lots of di-hydroxide available;
-Tested;
-Low,"suck" factor (it's mounted pretty high.)
What's not to like?
:mrgreen:

The only way to 'improve' your hydration solution would be to helmet-mount it.
With gravity assisting the riders' rehydration, the suck-factor would disappear...
to be replaced, unfortunately, with a heightened 'geek-factor'.
:lol:

-Steve

Hotdog

It's a good solution, no doubt about it, but perhaps not as perfect as Yakmurph suggests. As Mark B has pointed out, it does depend on using a rack and a trunk bag. From my point of view the ideal solution would be a seat back bag with a water bladder pouch, as used on a lot of other recumbents. Some experimentation and possibly a bit of modifcation will be needed to find one that's a good fit for the slightly unusual seat and frame arrangement of the Cruzbikes though.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hotdog wrote: From my point of view the ideal solution would be a seat back bag with a water bladder pouch, as used on a lot of other recumbents.

+1. However, if you're going to run a rack, then Brian's solution is A-1 and kudos to Brian for sorting it out! :D

Mark

Kamatu

Mark B wrote: Not too bad, Brian. Not bad at all. I'm just stubbornly trying to keep from putting a rack on mine. :|

Mark

Then solve John T's tailbox design problems. You get the high storage and avoid a rack, at least technically.....

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: I share the minimalist approach, I hate bolting things on. ;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

Trust me, I used to be of the mindset to carry everything but the kitchen sink on a ride... Just in case, you know? Once, on a club ride, we came across this poor guy who had a crank that was terribly loose. Another in our crew suggested I might have the tool to help the poor guy out. He was right. :oops: That was the one and only time I ever used that tool on a club ride because.... It's better to take care of maintenance in the comfort of your garage, then it is on the roadside while your friends are waiting, watching, tapping their feet and HATING you for holding them up. Minimalist is right. I carry a spare tube, a pump, a patch kit, tire irons and a Park tool. I'm even kind of fidgity on mounting a computer. It's nice to know how far you went, but worrying about your average speed and all that can certainly take the fun out of a ride. But, there is nothing in the world worse that running out of water in the middle of nowhere on a ride. Don't ask me how I know this. :roll:

Mark