Quest Q559 - Reasonable offers entertained - Scottsbluff, NE

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
As found on Craigslist,

http://scottsbluff.craigslist.org/bik/5234229544.html

00j0j_55WBcZzpAL6_600x450.jpg

Colin Croft

You beat me to it (posting it on this forum)! I'm the seller of this bike. I built it last summer with the generous help/advice of several in this group, particularly ratz. I only had a chance to ride it a time or two before I moved houses, which ended my biking season last year. Over the winter I've had some nagging low back issues progress to a point where riding this bike--perhaps bikes in general--just isn't going to happen :( The riding position of this bike just puts pressure on the wrong place and causes some real discomfort.

In any case it makes no sense to keep the bike. I'm not trying to be shifty or deceptive on not having a firm asking price, I'm just not sure what a fair asking price would be. I'll wait and see what offers I receive and then decide whether to sell or maybe give to a family member or friend. There are more details on the Craigslist ad if you're interested. Local pickup and possible free delivery within a few hours of western Nebraska, otherwise shipping would be $75 for the local bike shop to disassemble/pack + actual shipping cost.

Unfortunately this was my first Cruzbike and I didn't ride it much, so I have little to say about how it "rides" other than to say that it was more challenging to balance than my recumbent trike ;)

Colin

http://scottsbluff.craigslist.org/bik/5234229544.html

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Bummer Colin, been down that road and recovered, but took long enough to be worrisome.

For those reading along that's a Turbo Quest exactly the way I'd build it. Drool.... If we weren't moving and having to pay movers this bike would have gotten me in trouble with Mrs Ratz.... Whoever gets this Turbo Quest is going to score big; and yes it's worth a bit more than a new Quest559 and darn worth it. Perfect bike for what @Robert Wolfe was looking for just yesterday. You two should chat.