Riding on dirt roads

A friend called and asked if I wanted to go on a ride with him.

I used my Sofrider and my friend has an upright with an electric motor in the front wheel.

Much of the riding was on dirt roads.

Some of the hills were very steep so I had to walk some of the hills.

Walking up a hill I pasted grandparents with a child on a tricycle.

The grandfather had a rope to help haul the tricycle up the hill.

I told them it was good that I was not the only one that had problems with steep hills with front wheel drive.

They laughed and we continued our ride.

Most of the roads I had been on before but we did ride a section that I had not been on before.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Riding up hills, especially in San Francisco, helped to put my self regard in check, hey even though I thought I was Superman on a bicycle, those hills dumped me! Then I got older, and hey sometimes now even the flats seem like hills!
Since riding my Quest, and more recently my QX100, I'm so comfortable I find myself going slower and enjoying taking side trips along the way. Stop and check things out, seeing things I did not see before like those burrowing owls there, or talk to others on the way.

My friend is not a racer he just wanted to go for a ride and get some exercise.
Many of the dirt rides we rode cars are not allowed!
So riding in the forest is very quiet and peaceful.
The birds were singing, it is nice to listen to their songs this time of the year.
The scenery is also nice to look at many small lakes here.
We did not ride fast but we got a good workout.

A Vendetta is fast on paved roads but not very practical on paved roads.
From my house, I can ride a paved road and I can ride in the opposite direction on a dirt road.
I live besides a forest which I can ride my Sofrider to different destinations on dirt roads.
I have also started to use the Sofrider for some shopping trips.
A few years ago, I used the Sofrider regularly for shopping.

When I had a Vendetta the Sofrider had a long rest.

telephd

Guru
20150707_15.JPG Ive got our Softrider set up to ride gravel and dirt roads. For gravel, more cinders on rails to trails projects actually, I use 1.5 Club Roost Cross Terras. The pic above is from a trip my wife and I did last summer on the Michalsen Trail in the Black Hills of South Dakota. For fire trail and logging roads 1.95 CST Generals. On the steeper hills I have some traction challenges but there I too walk!

CAM00346.jpg