SeaBum 2018

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@rx7mark and a few others reminded me of the great time we had last year meeting seattle area riders and seeing the new T50’s.

A little late in the season but we are doing it again. This time we have two possible dates avail - I’ve made a doodle poll to help decide the best date option. https://doodle.com/poll/6q8mw9kihh77hhvw

Time is a somewhat flexible but about 10AM seems right. Open to ideas about where exactly to start/end/socialize but we are generally sticking to Seattle to stay central.

Details here as things firm up.
Edit: in the poll choose either the 9/22nd, 9/23rd, or both. I’m open for either right now.

Last edited:

Bill K

Guru
I'm also in for either day.
Some possible ideas:
Cross the new 520 bridge trail, continue on to the Sammamith river trail and up to the (trail side) Red Hook brewery for lunch.
Cross the new 520 bridge trail, go left onto lakeview and stop somewhere in the Kirkland beach waterfront area for lunch.
Cross the 520, go right to Madina (by Bill Gates house) and cross back to Seattle on the I90 bridge.

billyk

Guru
I like @Bill K 's 3rd idea: cross one bridge and back the other.
Medina back streets are so pleasant to ride on: smooth, nearly carless.
The 520 trail is beautiful, but those joints are really a deterrent to going fast.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Robert O soggested a great path / meeting point.
Magnusson Cafe and Brewery near Cascade HQ is a good bike friendly spot for a start/end and a north-end around the lake route. Total 27 Miles. Stay together.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28441396

Most respondents said both days in the poll but there is one more vote for Saturday so let’s make it Saturday sept 22nd.
Meet at

Magnuson Cafe & Brewery, 7801 62nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
At 9Am
Bike ride rolls out at 10:00.
Probably back by about 13:00 or better and anyone that’s able can hang for lunch?

billyk

Guru
@Robert O soggested a great path / meeting point.
Magnusson Cafe and Brewery near Cascade HQ is a good bike friendly spot for a start/end and a north-end around the lake route. Total 27 Miles. Stay together.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28441396

Most respondents said both days in the poll but there is one more vote for Saturday so let’s make it Saturday sept 22nd.
Meet at

Magnuson Cafe & Brewery, 7801 62nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
At 9Am
Bike ride rolls out at 10:00.
Probably back by about 13:00 or better and anyone that’s able can hang for lunch?

I'm in. Might be walking that 15% grade ... depends on how long it is. See you there.
Billy K

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Been there / done that (24" gear)
@billyk - it appears that is at the end of the 520 bridge and it's possible we go clockwise. I defer to Robert on what he finds best.

Bill K

Guru
I commute to work across the 520. That last little 15% pitch is no big deal. About 1 minute at a sustainable effort.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I end up not able to ride at 10am as we have a piano to be delivered between 10am and 1pm. However, I still plan to be at the cafe at 9am to hang out and to get to know other Cruzbike owners.

Michael

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I end up not able to ride at 10am as we have a piano to be delivered between 10am and 1pm. However, I still plan to be at the cafe at 9am to hang out and to get to know other Cruzbike owners.
Michael
I think that's a good enough reason, don't you.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Looking forward to the whole thing. Whatever time you can meet/ride/eat/get rained on is good with me.

See you tomorrow!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I have a S40 with just a small bag for tools and keys. Piano rack will be next year's project. :)
Which keys do you have on your bike, the white or black ones. If you have the black ones I hope you are sharp and your tires are not flat!

Reactions: Suz

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I enjoyed meeting everyone! Thank you Lief for organizing.
Piano got picked up and delivered ok.

Michael