Sofrider - $750 - Santa Cruz, CA

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Found on Craigslist,

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bik/d/cruzbike-front-wheel-drive/6453590485.html

00c0c_8yy2o2a2oLJ_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

HolyCruzJohn

This is my listing. I just joined the forum. Sometimes in life you wonder if the dog is wagging the tail or vice-versa. I bought this bike when they first came out and immediately life circumstances headed me in another direction and my go-to bike became an Xtracycle Free Radical kit on a tall Specialized. One of my fantasies would be to put that kit on the Sofrider just for fun, and maybe with a Swytch wheel at the rear. If this Sofrider doesn't sell I may still. I live in Santa Cruz, CA but my son and daughter-in-law moved to Long Island, NY with my first grandson, so I have new priorities and that means a few of my projects need to find new enthusiasts.

Attachments

• 20160904_133623.jpg
    20160904_133623.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 16

JoFlo

Interested in your Sofrider, is it still available? Can't tell from pic, what size are drive sprockets and cassette? Are wheels 26" or 700? What size tires currently mounted? How old is it?
Joe

HolyCruzJohn

Hi Joe,
I bought this Sofrider V.1 in June of 2007. It probably does not have 10 miles on it total and has been garaged so it looks new. I cannot put my hands on it today but whatever was stock on the originals are what it has. I have not been able to find those specs on this forum. The bike is available and as soon as I can I will answer your questions. From my reading here I believe these are 26" wheels with the original tires.

Thanks for your interest, and stay tuned!

John

HolyCruzJohn

Tires are Kenda Kwest 26" x 1.50. The V.1 has a single drive sprocket and it looks like 8 on the cassette in the assembly instructions.

My Craigslist listing that Zzzz linked above has 5 pictures that should give you an idea of how fresh this bike is, though 10.5 years in my possession.

John