[SOLD] Silvio 1.5 for sale

mickjordan

As noted on the Silvio board, I am selling my Silvio 1.5. The bike has a manafacture date of December 2011 and, according to the seat sticker, is one of the first 12 made. I received the bike in February 2012 and started riding it in May. It has had some time on the trainer (see below) and about 200 miles on the road. I have the Ultegra triple group installed but I used some existing wheels that I am keeping. It also has the WTB mountain road bars installed, although I have the original Origin bars and both are included. It has holes for the Vendetta headrest drilled in the seat, but the headrest in the photos is actually on sale or return from the Parkers so would have to be negotiated separately with them (I have only had it a short while). The bike is in mint condition except for a couple of paint chips on the right front fork.

Obviously I would prefer to sell the bike as is to someone local, rather than disassemble it and ship it. I do not have the original packaging. However, if necessary I will sell the frameset and Ultegra group separately.

I'm asking $2600 for both or $1750 for the frameset and $850 for the Ultegra group. Pedals not included.
silvio-1.jpg

silvio-2.jpg

silvio-3.jpg

silvio-4.jpg

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
That's how we'll be able to

That's how we'll be able to spot counterfit original Silvios. They won't have the typo. :D

I have that same sticker (first batch of 12)

what does that mean, exactly? It says "Original Edition" and I have this sticker on my Silvio 1.5. That seems self-contradictory, but maybe I misunderstand. Does it mean the first batch of 12 Silvio 1.5's? If so, I wonder who the other 10 are.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
okay, I'm officially blushing

okay, I'm officially blushing now. I did not renew the sticker contents on later production run(s). I forget which. And my manufacturer dutifully included it because that it was in the specification. If I was on hand, I would have noticed it going on and remembered it needed updating, and then it would have been too late to modify, re-print and re apply. The things you learn.

So, should I include the Vendetta's pedigree of race wins in a similar sticker? Your many and varied thoughts welcome.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I have an idea...

How about a decal that represents the Vendetta's race pedigree and serves as part of the design? Sort of like having the World Champion stripes on a bicycle decal where merited?

BobD

Mick,
I have enjoyed riding

Mick,
I have enjoyed riding many bents over the years....and have sold many as well by posting on "Bent Forums".
The following are sites where you can post the sale of your bike.

And, interestingly enough my quickest sale came through Craigslist. Although Craigslist used to be a "local" site, I along with many others now do national Craigslist searches so you might want to include Craigslist as well.

You will need to "join" the following Forums if you are not already a member.....which is really no problema.
Hostelshoppe offers a free posting on their Classified section. I have received many contacts from postings there.

You have a great bike to sell....it will go quickly.
And....enjoy your new one!!!

btw: I really appreciated your posts and your personal responses to my questions about the Silvio.

Bob

www.recumbents.com

www.bentrideronline.com (as Charles suggested)

www.recumbentriders.org

www.rbentonline.org

www.hostelshoppe.com

Craigslist

laidback4HU

Silvio for Sale

Hi, Mick, rare taking time to check this forum. Where are you located? What is the preferred method of payment? Does the bike require any other components besides pedals? Approximately how many miles ridden? Current tires?
And just because I am wanting education, and this is from anyone willing to share: what is the best car carrier to handle the touchy balance of transporting a Silvio? I am about three thousand miles into my Cruz education and loving my first Silvio.
Grateful for any responses.
Timothyray

mickjordan

Re: QUESTIONS

I'm in Palo Alto, CA. Preferred payement would be by PayPal. The bike is complete apart from pedals. Ridden < 200 miles on the road, probably 20 hours on a trainer. I used 700x25 tires when on the road. I put the bike in the back of a Prius once, but had to take both wheels off to get it in.

mickjordan

Not for Sale

I have decided to keep the Silvio for now, as I have become more accomplished on it lately, and I really don't want the hassle of disassembling it for shipping across the US. So now I have a Bacchetta Carbon Aero and a Silvio; it will be interesting to compare them over the months ahead.