T50 - whatcha planning to build.....

Discussion in 'Freedom Series (T50 Complete, and T50 Kit)' started by ratz, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Benthead

Benthead New Member

Very nice result. I have struggled with getting mudguards. What size tyres do you have and what make of mudguards?

Thanks
    Graham

2. Benthead

Benthead New Member

Very nice result. I have struggled with getting mudguards. What size tyres do you have and what make of mudguards?

Thanks
    Graham

3. Lief

Lief Guru Schmuru

1) you guys at the left end of the bell curve are rockstars
    2) rubber mallets for the win (Plus an old tire and vice grips for getting the steer tube off - no stem/handlebars available)
    3) glad I didn’t have a problem with
    * off-kilter skewer holes
    * locking nut doohickey
    * plastic washers
    * etc etc

All ya’lls information and discussion here is invaluable.
    Thanks for being awesome and thanks to Cruzbike for the platform.

I’ve been away for a while - but my AuburnTigerRed T50 is out of the box and in the stand.
    Starting down the build road.

Liking 1x11
    Liking 700c but might look more at 20” options for funzies.
    Liking @Emeljay steering option
    Liking the flexibility and look of Euromesh seat.

It’ll be a slow build but - I’ll keep checking in (now). Maybe one of these days I’ll start a new My Bike Space thread.

@trplay - I haven’t yet seen (found) pics of your Zwift room. I’ll keep looking.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    ak-tux likes this.
  4. NeaL

NeaL Well-Known Member

I have a LBS kid here saying he recommends only a single-ring crank for the T50 and 8 gears-max on the drive wheel.

Quickly scrolling through this post, I see a couple pics where someone has at least a double ring on the crank but I think in all of those, someone had a S40/v20 style handlebar front end.

Can someone tell me the short and simple answer? Can a 3-ring go on the BB, as-is, or do I need to deviate from what comes in the frame set? How about on the hub/cassette?

5. Gary123

Gary123 Guru

While you're waiting on third t50 frame are u interested in a nice quest with triple and 26 wheels at $500. NC.

NeaL likes this.
  6. super slim

super slim Zen MBB Master

Yes ANY triple will fit, as the BB is a british BSA68 with external or internal bearings, as a clamp on front derailleur will fit the BB tube (35.6 mm OD).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Lief and NeaL like this.
  7. NeaL

NeaL Well-Known Member

I'll keep it under consideration. Interested in a Quest at that price, sounds good.
    Right now, no. Too many other things are going on but once a current storm of issues has subsided and I can see where I'm at on the other side of things, maybe.

8. rx7mark

rx7mark Member

And no reason, if you want to go with a 1x set up, not to go 1x11, or even 1x12.

I have a SRAM GX 1x11, with 42t chainring, but sort of wish I had gone with the new 1x12 GX Eagle.

Mark

9. Gary123

Gary123 Guru

Good luck with your builds. Not really looking hard to sell but just thought u might need a trainer for the kids. I should probably be looking at n-1 after cleaning out garage.

NeaL likes this.
  10. Doug Burton

Doug Burton Zen MBB Master

kling, Eric Winn and super slim like this.
  11. RAR

RAR Well-Known Member

I have been using 1x for over a year now and am quite happy with it. Sram 10-42 with what ever chain ring- 42/38/34 depending on the amount of climbing.

kling, Don1, super slim and 1 other person like this.