Team Cruzbike RAAM 2017

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
We are almost ready to go.
We went and practiced the Glass Elevator decent yesterday, down to the Christmas circle in Boreggo Springs. It was 109 degrees there when we arrived. It was like riding in a blast furnace! :eek:
Here is a video of it from the front of my bike:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz did a special customization to my Vendetta! Thanks Bob.
Now all I need is a "horn" button that makes the sound so I can play it as I pass riders! :)

View attachment 4914
We are almost ready to go.
We went and practiced the Glass Elevator decent yesterday, down to the Christmas circle in Boreggo Springs. It was 109 degrees there when we arrived. It was like riding in a blast furnace! :eek:
Here is a video of it from the front of my bike:

Larry to get extra speed on a decent, I gain 2 to 3kph, by having the crank horizontal, (As I do not have a camera where the horizontal crank would spoil the view!!!) and by knees touching each other, and my toes pointed as much as possible.

telephd

Guru
Ascending the Glass Elevator is a much slower proposition! Gods Blessings for a trouble free and speedy RAAM Team Cruzbike! Unfortunately we will not be able to make it to Oceanside to see you off. It is going to be beastly hot in the SW for the next couple of days so stay cool crossing the desert with the heat wave that is building. :cool:

CruzLike

Guru
Our boys and girl are starting to make a move and take control at the front of the pack!

I'm glad to see this recovery. I think there were some gremlins to work out. Around 47 miles they were spinning there wheels while others passed. Interested to hear what happened.

Larry: thanks for the vid. That was awesome scenery.

CruzLike

Guru
Thanks for that tip. I thought the live tracking was pretty reliable. Maybe not. Now they are at TS2.

I've been comparing the 3 leaders (Strasser, Greuner Baloh) location with the radar. They are luckily dodging some storms.

In past years, I have had little interest in RAAM. It was interesting to read about and be amazed at the competitors and what they accomplished. With CB assembling a team along with the live tracking on the RAAM site. My interest is piqued. I think I will be watching the progress multiple times a day.

Go team Go!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
That was the flip to night shift. Larry and Kevin are climbing their asses off right now; Jim and Maria resting for a big day tomorrow. Crew ate and got gas we are now racing to the 3am switch over before TS5 ... remember live trackers over on the donate page.

ratz

Larry and Kevin are racing through Chibola now Jim and Maria will be back on the bikes between TS3 & TS4

Bill K

Guru
They survived Skull Valley, AZ.
And check out Jim Parkers max speed: 79.8 mph. Whew!!

Attachments

• SkullValley.png
    SkullValley.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 14
  • JP.jpeg
    JP.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Those looking at the RAAM site may worry because as as I type their tracker is saying they aren't moving and it's been like this for awhile. But if you look at the 3k donate tracker you will see that right now, "beep beep Oslund" is climbing along at 167 watts, 20 mph, with a living heart rate of 146bpm. All is well, Cruzbike is motoring along!

I've found it helps to do a forced page refresh from time to time instead of relying on the Refresh Location buttons.

-Eric

ratz

What your are seeing is that off duty vehicles have to take alternative routes; and Jim and Maria had to portage 12 miles by CAR due to road construction no race zone that was neutralized. Kevin and Larry crushed the morning climbing into prescott; they are recovering but they dug really deep; they could use some serious love right now.

The Parkers are tackling the dual climbs from prescott to Flag staff; the slayed the first one and are finishing the second one in the heat; they should be getting to the flat part now; they are doing 8 minute pulls and @Lief and Will parker are rushing water and ice to them to battle the heat but it's a long backwards drive in the mountains to get to them. need them to finish this second strong so that larry and kevin can recover. Right now the effort are epic and so is the heat.

ratz

Ok so for once I have just a few more minutes off duty to give you the scoop. The heat is getting to the racers we are waking kevin and larry and we are sending them backwards down the race course to meet the on duty crew. They will intersect south of flagstaff in about 1 hour 45min at which time they take over. If you have messages for Larry or kevin Post them here and I will relay. Or better yet donate; as right now those too are going into the teeth of the machine yet again.