Terracycle Fastback Carbon Slim Seatback Bag

Gromit

Guru
I've fitted a Terracycle Fastback Carbon Slim Seatback Bag to my Q559's seat. It is ideal for carrying a few tools, a map, a jacket and such stuff, for use on day rides. The bag has six straps with velcro hooks on one side and loops on the other. I found no need for the included spider pad.

Terracycle_Carbon_Slim_1.jpg

To fit it, I took off the Q's seatback pad first. The bottom and middle pairs of straps go over the seat back and the velcro on them sticks to each other and to the seat pad and the seat pad's velcro strips. The top pair of straps pass over the seat back's top mounts.

Terracycle_Carbon_Slim_2.jpg

The bag fits really well into the space between the seat tube and the seat back and it is really secure.

Gromit

Guru
Safety advice is always appreciated

Hi John

I'm always happy to receive your safety advice. Thanks. I've just checked. The seat post is inserted two and a half inches into the frame.
regular_smile.gif

Here is another picture showing the position of the Carbon Slim Seatback Bag's bottom and middle pair of straps.

Terracycle_Carbon_Slim_3.jpg

jphipps

Seatback bag

That bag setup looks good, I used a motorcycle tool bag as picture shows. A few nylon ties and presto. As long as we are on the subject of "safety", the thing behind the bag is a video camera that can run for about six hours, good for remembering the ride and to identify license tags, make and color of car, and your relative positions on the road. No saying all drivers are bad, just a fraction are and they can do you great harm.