The Sigma

Gromit

Guru
I see that the Sigma (http://www.sigmabike.com/) is no longer listed on the Cruzbike web site. Has it been dropped from the range? :~
Will it perhaps reappear elsewhere but not badged as a Cruzbike? :)

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
dilemma

Hi Gromit,
We still have some Sigma we can deliver. But as you imply, they are not a good fit with our other bikes.

Actually, there are a few things that we can do to really make Sigma what it should be. What if we could activate the whole body in the RWD as we do in the FWD, that would be pretty helpful and would then make it fit out suite better.

When dressed in the fairing, the Sigma concept is wonderfully fast - has great genes, ya know!

John

Gromit

Guru
Seperate division?

Maybe you could seperate the Sigma bike division of Cruzbike away from the main part of the company in the same way that Apple seperated their Filemaker division from the main company?
wink_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif

http://www.filemaker.com/company/docs/factsheet_corp.pdf

Sigma bike not Cruzbike.
You already have the Sigmabike URL registered together with its own forum.
regular_smile.gif

WhiteSilvio

DILEMMA

Hi John,
Just reading your comments here, and I have to say that I would have thought that the Sigma did in fact allow "the whole body" to be activated because of the fact that one can pull against the handlebars.

Isn't that the whole point of the steering setup with the universal joints?

Have I totally missed the point?

If it wasn't for the expense I'd buy one of all the Cruzbike range and try them all out, but alas I don't have that kind of disposable income.
sad_smile.gif

Regards,
John

admin

Administrator
Staff member
oh yes

Exactly, John, that is the whole point. However I am not yet ready to make and substantiate that claim. I have decided to take our cruzbike concept further in Vendetta and in new thinking to make Vendetta even faster. When I am satisfied on that front ... you know, and Gromit this answers your question too ... there has to be an integrating plan for the R&D and for the company. Anything that gets done has to function as a stepping stone to something more important that can be done.

I think in future I could make Sigma better.

Nanda Holz

Cruzbike rwds

Actually I was thinking along the same lines myself recent...what if CB offered a standard rwd bent, maybe based off the Quest? The quality and pricing would certainly give other bents a run for their money, and much of the current design could be leveraged (quick remove seat, quick release shock and seat, etc.) just add a telescoping boom and widen the rear swingarm and you'd have a bike that breaks down for travel but without mbb/fwd. Maybe Sigma could be the name for CB's take on modern bents other then FWD. Just thinking out loud eh...

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Just my opinion...

I think that if Cruzbike kept the Sigma or developed other rea-wheel drive offerings, it would take away from what defines Cruzbike as a company and as a product. When you think about MBB/FWD, you think Cruzbike. Focusing on what is somewhat a niche market and becoming the best by proving it on the roads and the race courses is drawing attention to Cruzbike. Nay-sayers will either have to be swaywd by the facts or can live in a state of denial that Cruzbike has a formula that works better and is improving with each iteration.

It's all focus and becoming a leader in the market. Cruzbike has a diverse offering, but all are based on the same drivetrain/steering configuration. I see no advantage to offering something outside of what makes the company what it is.

Just my two cents worth.