The V Chronicles

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Hi Kline,

That is one great looking frame!

I have a question about the boom on the core edition frameset you ordered. Is the boom at the handlebar end recurved? I've seen recent photographs of the new V20 and S30 sporting recurved booms unlike previous versions of either model. I was wondering if this is a universal change or an option and which one you received?

Hi Apollo, thanks! Yes CB has outdone themselves on this gorgeous frame.

My V was delivered with the standard slider, no curve at the handlebar end. I see the new optional one on the ordering page like ratz said; will have to keep that in mind if it turns out a steerer tube extender is needed, or if vv the bars need to be down out of the way. The new slider could be used instead and be a far more elegant, integrated solution but apparently isn't shipping as standard equipment. Where did you see pics of it installed on bikes?

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Never mind I see the pic of it installed on the slider accessory page. Slick.

Hope the next new accessory is the ratz/scabinetguy light mount tube that fits on the headrest cage mount kit!

Apollo

If you look on the products ordering page you see the new option curved slider which has a 40mm bend solves a world of different needs
Thanks for the info, Bob. I think I might need glasses as I didn't see the optional slider last time I was on the order page. Now I'm in a bit of a quandary whether to choose the curved slider or stick to the standard one when it comes time to order the frame. The curved slider will offer more versatility with handlebar positions.

Hi Apollo, thanks! Yes CB has outdone themselves on this gorgeous frame.

My V was delivered with the standard slider, no curve at the handlebar end. I see the new optional one on the ordering page like ratz said; will have to keep that in mind if it turns out a steerer tube extender is needed, or if vv the bars need to be down out of the way. The new slider could be used instead and be a far more elegant, integrated solution but apparently isn't shipping as standard equipment. Where did you see pics of it installed on bikes?
I saw them over here - http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/11/13...on-seat-box-for-front-wheel-drive-recumbents/

The curved slider would be tempting because of the greater adjustability offered. I will see when the time comes. When do you think you'll have your bike completely built?

Last edited:

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Thanks Apollo those are some good pics. Very subtle bend but has significant impact on either sight line or getting the bar out of one's lap!

I don't anticipate my build being done before the end of January. Lots of other time demands this time of year.

Last edited:

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Note for everyone that frames ship with the straight slider - that is the way they are shipped from the factory - so the curved one is an additional option that would ship separately.

If ordering a complete bike - I will build it with the curved one if that was an added option someone wanted, and the straight one would be included in the package in case that ended up being a better setup for that particular rider.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Finally, some progress! Waxed chains hang from the ceiling, the Schwalbe One 28mm tubeless tires are holding pressure beautifully, a lovely older lady looks on in the background, and the completed V20 frame sits elegantly in the repair stand ready for component installation.

image.jpg image.jpg

trplay

Zen MBB Master
A heads up for the curved slider lusting group. I ordered the curved slider and if you have short legs as I do the curved boom does not allow the boom to slide in as far as the straight boom allows. This can limit the arm distance options. Nothing a hacksaw can't fix but thought you might like to know. Another thing I tried was switching the stock fork headset top for a flat Cane Creek headset top. This allows the cables to run under the fork/boom pivot hickey a little cleaner.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Safety tip to vendetta riders coming from Silvios. YOU NOW HAVE NO FRONT SHOCK. With big ballon tires like that; if you take a drive-way lip at 4-5mph; your front tire will bounce you straight in the air followed by a Larry Landing.

Keep the tire side down.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I don't know the part number. I simply went to my LBS with my rounded top and said I need a flat one. He went to the used parts bin and brought back three different types. I choose the Cane Creek. All would have worked. Price was right too. Didn't charge a penny but he did put in the dig, "I can always count on you to come in looking for the weird stuff. Keeps me on my toes." He hasn't seen anything. Wait till next week. :)

Apollo

Finally, some progress! Waxed chains hang from the ceiling, the Schwalbe One 28mm tubeless tires are holding pressure beautifully, a lovely older lady looks on in the background, and the completed V20 frame sits elegantly in the repair stand ready for component installation.
Bike is looking good! :)

Another thing I tried was switching the stock fork headset top for a flat Cane Creek headset top. This allows the cables to run under the fork/boom pivot hickey a little cleaner.
Not sure I've seen this type of headset before, do you have a pic of the bike's head tube after installing it?

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Keep in mind I didn't replace the headset. Only the top cover (one piece) . Your LBS will have a variety in their stash pile. The one I used looks just like this one from a Cane Creek 40 headset. It is flat instead of oval allowing the middle cables just a little more room to slide under the boom clamp and fork.
top-cover.png