S40 Underseat Rack by TerraCycle

Here's some photos installing the S40 Easy Reacher Underseat (Under Seat) Rack by TerraCycle sold as an accessory by Cruzbike. I haven't ridden with it yet, but it went together easy. Yes, the packaging does say it is for the non-existent S45. Weighed in at 400g. And has more than 13cm clearance with large Ortlieb panniers. And about 20mm clearance with the smaller front roller panniers.

It doesn't explicitly say how much load it will take. Similar racks on the TerraCycle website have this statement:

2. How much can I carry?

A lot. Our racks are rated 30lbs/side, but they can carry more. So, more than you are probably ever going to need to carry. It's good to know you've got capacity to spare if you ever need it.

I'm pretty sure I won't be adding 60lbs to my bike.

P2230001.JPG

P2230002.JPG

P2230004.JPG

You can toss the red retainers, just keeping it together from the manufacturer.

P2230005.JPG

P2270007.JPG

P2270009.JPG

P2230014.JPG

P2270010.JPG

P2270011.JPG

P2230021.JPG

Last edited:

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
That last image looks like inches, not cm. The top of the rim in the image is more like 20 cm. 13 - 20 cm is a show stopper. You'll hit every bump on the road (speed bumps) with your bag. Any experience with it to report? Thanks.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
That last image looks like inches, not cm. The top of the rim in the image is more like 20 cm. 13 - 20 cm is a show stopper. You'll hit every bump on the road (speed bumps) with your bag. Any experience with it to report? Thanks.
It does appear to be cm and appeared plenty clearance to me but speed bumps and humps vary in dimensions so I asked our friend wiki and he/she/it says the the high end of the range is 10.4mm (4in). That would still leave clearance of 4cm (1 1/2 inches) if the bike is completely straddling the speed bump, more clearance if it is a wider hump. Your humps may vary. :eek:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_bump

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I have never hit anything with the bags on the underseat rack. On the S40 there is good clearance. This can be helped as well by using front bags like the Ortlieb front rollers